Hi,

I would like to hike either Harpers Ferry to Duncannon or Duncannon to Delaware Water Gap this fall. Hope to do it with a buddy which may make shuttling easier in addition to the fun of a shared adventure. I am available before October 22 or after the 30th. Will fly to/from D.C., Harrisburg, or Newark, unless I can meet someone to share a good portion of a vehicle ride. I can reasonably do 12-15 miles and more if terrain is good, per day but will be happy with as little as 8 if we agree to that. Glad to chat with anyone about this, newbies included if you will be in physical shape to walk 8 miles every day.

I don't have the distances handy right now but I expect either of these two sections can be walked in 2 weeks and having airport connections near these three trail towns makes these two sections doable by flying. I don't care whether we go north or south either. I just want to find a buddy that won't bail out the 2nd or 3rd day for various problems and ailments like I have had in the past on my Whiteblaze meetups. I've only had 2 good Meetup partners and had 3 that were not prepared so they quit on day 1, 2 and 3 while I continued solo. Once I happened to find people to hike with but other times never really got a good buddy on the trail. I'm not a "needy" person, and I'm actually very quiet after the first few days, but tend to push too hard and when not part of a team.

If I can't find someone this fall, I'll wait till next year to try, so let me know if you might go in 2018. I also will consider doing MA, VT, NH instead, but Oct. may be to late for there.

Edwin in Alabama age 57