WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

The trail is childhood reborn. Simple, carefree, and full of Wonders Captn's Avatar
    Images

Default Dahlonega trail fest

Is this a regular event? Does anyone attend that can talk about it?

The trail is childhood reborn. Simple, carefree, and full of Wonders Captn's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Captn View Post
    Is this a regular event? Does anyone attend that can talk about it?
    http://www.dahlonegatrailfest.org/

Default Dahlonega trail fest

It's a neat event with some outdoor vendors, beer, group hikes, and thru hiker discussions. Gene Espy was there last year which was pretty cool. The town square where everything is held isn't very large, but if you're in the area, it's worth the day spent imo.

Looks like it could be neat, but I am starting my 10 day section hike on the 8th.

I stopped in there today. It was pretty neat. Highlights for me were: Meeting Gary Sizer, author of "Where's The Next Shelter." He's got a second book, "Home Is Forward" and luckily he's recording it for Audible now. Second was meeting the guys at Goose Feet Gear. They do down pants, pillows, hoods, and "socks" (which are more like booties). Got sized up for some down camp pants.

Images

Speaking of "Home is Forward", it's now free on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Home-Forwar...5005431&sr=1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Hikes in Rain View Post
    Speaking of "Home is Forward", it's now free on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Home-Forwar...5005431&sr=1-3
    Cool! I got him to sign a copy of both for me. I told him I "read" WTNS on Audible. So when he signed "Home Is Forward" I said, "You know I'm not going to read it.." I'll wait for Audible. Audible has been great for me. I find it difficult to read for long periods of time, something I blame on my OCD. But I can listen for hours and have enjoyed 'reading' that way.

Check out the ATC's instagram post about the eclipse. Does that view look familiar? It should....that moment inspired the cover of "Wheres the Next Shelter". Thats me in the beanie!

++ New Posts ++