WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Images

Found a valve on Amazon
    pressure releif valve amazon.JPG

I ordered one. If anyone adds a relief valve, be sure to also install the Safety Valve that is included.

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Cook.../dp/B00BM2CC2Y

The titanium lid is not easy to drill through to make the holes needed. I have punches to make the holes required. Just wanted you to be aware of this.
    Last edited by zelph; 04-07-2018 at 10:45.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Made a stainless steel basket for my cooker just so I could steam deveined shrimp......ohh sooo good:-)
    Attachment 42439Attachment 42440
    I wonder if you could fab up some kind of handle for the basket to make it a deep fryer?
    Blackheart

Images

Google...safety jigger valve.
    Once pressurised, make sure you adjust your burner to a low simmer, otherwise the thin lid will bow with too much pressure too quick where there are no lid clamps. Loosing a steam over the seal.
    Have fun experimenting...but be safe.

More mods, zelph...you do have a very curious mind. Nicely done.
    enough talking......let's get walking !

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    You're welcome. Currently I'm on a Quinoa kick. This stuff is probably better than brown rice---and can be carried as a raw grain in the field and brought to a boil with olive oil and salt, sit in pot cozy for 30 minutes, Voila---fully cooked quinoa. No home prep or steamer needed.
    much easier to clean up as well, not as much starch as rice

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    much easier to clean up as well, not as much starch as rice
    True. My next field project to go from "rice and beans" to "quinoa and beans". Stay tuned.

Santa Fe Instant Refried Beans.
    http://santafebean.com/Santa_Fe_Bean...y/Welcome.html
    Hot, fast & cheap.
    Wayne

What was that noise - a shotgun? Nope! A hiker left the pressure cooker on just a little too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundracamper View Post
    What was that noise - a shotgun? Nope! A hiker left the pressure cooker on just a little too long.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYeWdukr3Ik

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tundracamper View Post
    No..... It was: Santa Fe Instant Refried Beans.
    http://santafebean.com/Santa_Fe_Bean...y/Welcome.html

The Keith Titanium Ti6300 Multifunctional Cooker is a good piece of kit. I've been carrying this on my business trips for 3 weeks now attempting to learn it's use for the trail. I use a brasslight alcohol T1 stove with a loose titanium foil windscreen and get a boil with 10ml (1/3 ounce) of alcohol is enough for oat meal; 15ml will cook rice; 30ml will steam salmon; 15ml will cook presoaked dry black beans; 15ml presoaked lentles; garlic cloves mixed with anything soften with 15ml. This also works with coffee 2 scoops in the inner container with 15ml alcohol will boil 2 cups of coffee. When the coffee is finished just remove the inner pot set it at an angle on top of the outer pot to drain and the grounds stay in the inner pot making it much easier that cowboy coffee. On trail I plan to use this with a mini-E wood burning stove and perhaps augmented with esbit tabs for wet days. The mini-E will not nest within the pot. A single wall Snow Peak (SP) 450 will nest nicely within. I haven't tried the SP 450 with lid. A SP 300 double wall with the plastic lid will also fit. I'm unsure of iso fuel canisters being able to nest within. The pot fits nicely in the side pocket of my Z-pac Blast and Zimmerbuilt Quickstep.A long handled spoon is nice to eat directly out of the pot.The extra pack weight could potentially be off set by the efficiency of fuel consumption and easy cleanup (no burning).

I gotta wonder if flying with this and meeting some over zealous TSA representatives could get ya detained indefinitely until vetted by the federalés.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hodad View Post
    The Keith Titanium Ti6300 Multifunctional Cooker is a good piece of kit. I've been carrying this on my business trips for 3 weeks now attempting to learn it's use for the trail. I use a brasslight alcohol T1 stove with a loose titanium foil windscreen and get a boil with 10ml (1/3 ounce) of alcohol is enough for oat meal; 15ml will cook rice; 30ml will steam salmon; 15ml will cook presoaked dry black beans; 15ml presoaked lentles; garlic cloves mixed with anything soften with 15ml. This also works with coffee 2 scoops in the inner container with 15ml alcohol will boil 2 cups of coffee. When the coffee is finished just remove the inner pot set it at an angle on top of the outer pot to drain and the grounds stay in the inner pot making it much easier that cowboy coffee. On trail I plan to use this with a mini-E wood burning stove and perhaps augmented with esbit tabs for wet days. The mini-E will not nest within the pot. A single wall Snow Peak (SP) 450 will nest nicely within. I haven't tried the SP 450 with lid. A SP 300 double wall with the plastic lid will also fit. I'm unsure of iso fuel canisters being able to nest within. The pot fits nicely in the side pocket of my Z-pac Blast and Zimmerbuilt Quickstep.A long handled spoon is nice to eat directly out of the pot.The extra pack weight could potentially be off set by the efficiency of fuel consumption and easy cleanup (no burning).
    Thank you "hodad" for the feedback on the The Keith Titanium Ti6300 Multifunctional Cooker Good information there. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Found a valve on Amazon
    pressure releif valve amazon.JPG

I ordered one. If anyone adds a relief valve, be sure to also install the Safety Valve that is included.

https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Cook.../dp/B00BM2CC2Y

The titanium lid is not easy to drill through to make the holes needed. I have punches to make the holes required. Just wanted you to be aware of this.
    Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I just ordered a Keith Ti6300. Haven't found much information about tinkering with a pressure mod, so wanted to see if anybody's given zelph's experiment a shot. If so, Wanted to reach out and see how it's been behaving.

Also haven't worked much with titanium - anybody know what type of punch works best for enlarging the vent hole?

Images

From Amazon question and answers:

Question:
    Does this come with some sort of pressure regulator as seen on youtube?

Answer:
    Keith Titanium Multifunctional Cooker has two versions, standard and upgraded. The only difference is that the upgraded version has the pressure regulator you mentioned. The upgraded version is for regions with altitude higher than 13,000 feet. The standard version has been tested on mountains higher than 13,000 feet. Even though the standard version is very popular now, we won't produce the upgraded version until 2019 because we think the market demand for it is very low. Thanks! see less
    [COLOR=#767676 !important]By KEITH TITANIUM SELLER on January 30, 2017

[/COLOR]

EDITED to say my experience with the cooker is that lots of foam is produced when rice/shrimp juices get into the water as it boils. The foam would clog the pressure relief valve......maybe. I did not install the relief valve because of it. The foam comes up through the vent hole when I've cooked with it.
    Last edited by zelph; 06-03-2019 at 14:25.

Updating with info from Keith Titanium USA as of this morning via email:

"Our factory is in China, there a special license is needed to manufacture pressure cookers and a special permit is required to distribute them, too. It really takes time to get those permits. We right now don't expect to obtain those permits in 2019."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by thewams View Post
    Updating with info from Keith Titanium USA as of this morning via email:

"Our factory is in China, there a special license is needed to manufacture pressure cookers and a special permit is required to distribute them, too. It really takes time to get those permits. We right now don't expect to obtain those permits in 2019."
    Thanks for getting the update from them. I thought for sure they would have them. I wonder if they sell them in China with the pressure regulator, laws are a little different there I suspect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++