WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I just ordered these so I don't know how they are. But they were recommended here earlier, which is how I saw them. They are on sale. *Shipping weight according to Amazon is 6.1 oz.
    They are on sale for $8: https://www.usadawgs.com/pages/searc...ltralite-shoes

I have a pair of these. A pair of men's size 8-9 weigh 8.0 oz. Only 1 oz heavier than the original Vivobarefoot Pure that I've used since 2014. I don't think these will be as durable but will serve my purposes for a thru at about 1/2 the wt of crocs. It's the best alternative I've seen so far so thank you whoever first referenced them. Can get them to sub 8oz if I cut off the straps, which I'll likely do. And for the price, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ505 View Post
    I just ordered these so I don't know how they are. But they were recommended here earlier, which is how I saw them. They are on sale. *Shipping weight according to Amazon is 6.1 oz.
    They are on sale for $8: https://www.usadawgs.com/pages/searc...ltralite-shoes

The weight I got was from Amazon, so I didn't know if it was accurate. 8 oz sounds accurate for what you see in the picture. The strap controls the width, so if you don't need that, I don't know what the strap can't be cut. I'm not a thru hiker, so I don't absolutely care about the grams, but planning on various trips where I need a lightweight shower, water, camp shoe. I like that it can do all of these things-- this is nice for travelers who don't want to carry a whole bunch of unnecessary stuff. I like the design. Don't like walking in clogs or flip flops.

Quote Originally Posted by LAF View Post
    I have a pair of these. A pair of men's size 8-9 weigh 8.0 oz. Only 1 oz heavier than the original Vivobarefoot Pure that I've used since 2014. I don't think these will be as durable but will serve my purposes for a thru at about 1/2 the wt of crocs. It's the best alternative I've seen so far so thank you whoever first referenced them. Can get them to sub 8oz if I cut off the straps, which I'll likely do. And for the price, why not.

I got a pair of these

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/gender/mens/ztrail-men/

A bit expensive but only about 6 ounces.

Wal-mart has knock-off crocs made out of molded plastic that are light weight and cheap. They aren't stylish but make perfect camp shoes IMHO. I think I paid $10 for them and they weigh 4.4 oz for the pair (size 13.) I like having a closed toe box and a little bit of an elevated sole so I can just slip them on in the middle of the night and still keep my sleeping socks dry and clean.

Sorry - I was way off on the shoe weight. Wal-Mart knock offs are 11 oz for the pair for size 13 (don't know where the 4.4 oz came from.)

That's still a bit lighter and much cheaper than real Crocs. My size 9 pair is 12.4 ounces.

The net-uppers slippers that I've mentioned from time to time over the years (originally from Sprint Aquatics but now from various other sources not, unfortunately, including the Mens XL size any more) weigh an ounce apiece, about 2.0 oz. for the pair.

I once knew a Philmont Ranger who did her job exclusively in crocs.
    I wore a pair of open toed crocs for thirty-three miles of hiking, but that was when the sun came out after two straight weeks of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    Wal-mart has knock-off crocs made out of molded plastic that are light weight and cheap. They aren't stylish but make perfect camp shoes IMHO. I think I paid $10 for them and they weigh 4.4 oz for the pair (size 13.) I like having a closed toe box and a little bit of an elevated sole so I can just slip them on in the middle of the night and still keep my sleeping socks dry and clean.
    Wal-Mart tends to stock two different knock offs. One is substantially lighter than the other.

Mine are 7.6 ounces for the pair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++