WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Or like these:

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Windmills are far more visually polluting than a pipeline. Look at a few PCT videos for proof.
    Wayne
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

welcome to the machine

There is a natural gas pipeline about 1/4 mile from my house. The utility company regularly uses herbicides along the corridor to keep brush and trees from sprouting. So yes, it may green up but the habitat will be starkly contrasting to the surrounding forest.
    More walking, less talking.

Comfortable numb

how about the pipeline running where the trail is? have the powercompany do the trail maintainance and some artist could spraypaint the pipeline to camouflage it. everyone is happy, ....?
    happy trails
    lucky luke

Just change water to trail and I think this fits. pipeline.jpg

The question without an answer: Who removes dead windmills?
    lucky luke:
    Pipelines are buried.
    Folks,
    If you use the grid to moan and groan about a pipeline you are doing so with natural gas.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    The question without an answer: Who removes dead windmills?
    Perhaps there should be a escrow account set up for that as a condition of them being set up. IDK about that place in Hawaii, was interesting to see what happens when they go abandoned, and the reason why. They appear much smaller than today's wind turbines. It reminds me of an early generation equipment with high maintenance issues, with costs higher than expected, though low alternative energy costs could make such things cheaper to abandon then to maintain.

A plan similar to removing platforms from the Gulf of Mexico would be good. More rapid enforcement in both cases would be beneficial.
    Otherwise the middle of the country is going to look like decaying billboards along abandoned sections of Route 66.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Perhaps there should be a escrow account set up for that as a condition of them being set up. IDK about that place in Hawaii, was interesting to see what happens when they go abandoned, and the reason why. They appear much smaller than today's wind turbines. It reminds me of an early generation equipment with high maintenance issues, with costs higher than expected, though low alternative energy costs could make such things cheaper to abandon then to maintain.
    Most of newer windfarms I am aware of require bonds to be in place to remove them. Unfortunately removing the blasted out scars from the access roads up the mountains isn't covered. It does take quite awhile as the owners are usually LLCs that are allowed to go defunct so actually deciding when they get removed is another story even if the bond still exists. Usually there is clause in the license that if they are out of service for some agreed upon period that they are declared defunct. Of course the coal industry used to have to have bonds in place to restore strip mines and mountain top mines but various political maneuvers allowed the firms to self bond them and most of them are close to bankruptcy so there are millions of dollars of reclamation that will get discharged in bankruptcy.

Old pipelines tend to grow in pretty quick if not maintained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++