WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Journal Entries

Its a great time often, but there can be a lingering indian summer and still hot/dry as hell. Last oct was a scorcher in Va.

Dont overthink it. Not rocket science. Grab a few days food and start walking. Lots of roads, bailout options, shuttlers, and excellent cell coverage. Hiking with training wheels...

You cant fail

El Sordo
    Images

FWIW, I charge for shuttles based upon MY total mileage, not the length of the shuttle.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Another great shuttle option is Donald.
    +1 (772) 321-0905

you can get a shuttle from Woody's gap into Suches and re-supply there. its only a few miles shuttle ride and last year the outfitter had a a free shuttle to and from Woodys to Suches. So from Springer to Woody's only 2-3 days of food and from Woody's to Neel's only a few days of food to carry ?? just my opinion i'm a big dude too and the miles are hard on me as well. My friends crush me on speed but I always come lumbering up to camp eventually! with this much time scheduled you can prob get away with taking day 3 or maybe 4 off to rest to prolong the fun factor rather than getting to beat down?? just a thought i always try to schedule 5 days for 4 day hikes if ya know what i mean?? have fun ill be out there the same time Woody's to Unicoi late Sept/early Oct!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchs1224 View Post
    you can get a shuttle from Woody's gap into Suches and re-supply there. its only a few miles shuttle ride and last year the outfitter had a a free shuttle to and from Woodys to Suches. So from Springer to Woody's only 2-3 days of food and from Woody's to Neel's only a few days of food to carry ?? just my opinion i'm a big dude too and the miles are hard on me as well. My friends crush me on speed but I always come lumbering up to camp eventually! with this much time scheduled you can prob get away with taking day 3 or maybe 4 off to rest to prolong the fun factor rather than getting to beat down?? just a thought i always try to schedule 5 days for 4 day hikes if ya know what i mean?? have fun ill be out there the same time Woody's to Unicoi late Sept/early Oct!
    Thanks for the heads up! I had seen a lot of comments for Woodys Gap in the Guthook app stating they had done exactly what you describe here! That sounds like a very smart move so I'll research it some more. Thanks again!

That is a great list of shuttle providers. I wish I had that last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Isa23 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I had seen a lot of comments for Woodys Gap in the Guthook app stating they had done exactly what you describe here! That sounds like a very smart move so I'll research it some more. Thanks again!
    You are only 1 day hike from neels when you are at woody gap, but its fun going up and over blood mountain. I would skip the hassle of resupply here and do it right on the trail at neels.

Make sure you wear orange since it will be hunting season

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++