WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2018 Need Hiking Partner

TinMan Here:
    In 2015 I hiked about 700 miles. I began in Springer and made my way to Damascus then hopped ahead to NH, hiked the whites and 100 mile wilderness. Sooo on Or about April 1 2018 I want
    to begin in Damascus and end somewhere in Pa. But this time because of a back issue I need some help with weight in my pack. Therefore I'm looking for a hiking partner who can carry 10 to 12 lbs of my weight. I will pay $100/ week and $50/for food. My ideal applicant has lots of experience, is A college graduate, has first aid experience or the like and is optimistic and fun to be with. I will turn 68 on this trip. You can read my 2015 adventures at tinmanonat; just search google. Of course I will need references and some modest checks of good character. Thanks

Does this include an entertainment allowance?

Nope. Fun is hiking.

How much does your pack weigh without food and water? If you are confident that a 10-12lb drop in weight will work for you, there might be other strategies to help you reach that target. I did see a picture of your gear and it didn't necessarily look heavy but if you could lose 6 lbs there, you could complete your 10-12 loss perhaps by more frequent resupply. At $150/week you could have a shuttle driver run you back and forth to town once or twice a week when needed or even just meet you at a trailhead with a mail drop. Just an alternative idea if you don't find an applicant.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++