WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Double Wall Titanium cups vs Yeti Lowball

Does anyone here know if any of the double wall Ti cups on the market will work with a Yeti Lowball cup lid?

I have a Yeti 10oz Lowball cup that I used every day as my coffee mug. I love it, but it's just too heavy to take backpacking, even as a luxury item.... Wishing they made a titanium version, but I got to thinking that these cups such as Snow peak might work similarly, if only they had the lid.

With a cup such as the Snow Peak 450 Double Wall titanium,
    does it keep coffee warm a good while with the lid on?
    Do you need those plastic lip guard things to keep from burning your lips?
    Basically.... is the double wall worth it?

S2S makes a nice insulated mug w lid that's fairly light....I wouldn't bother as I like my cold morning mocha mix....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never get how somebody will pay the obscene prices for the yeti stuff. To each his own but I'll have my drinks at room temp.

:banana

I have em all and use them all the time. I also have a yeti cooler thats very nice. Incredibly well done products.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Sawyer View Post
    I will never get how somebody will pay the obscene prices for the yeti stuff. To each his own but I'll have my drinks at room temp.
    Yeah, I sortof see your point, about the large coolers especially. You can buy a lot of ice to replenish a regular cheap cooler for that money. But hey, if somebody wants or needs it, good on them. They sure do look to be made very well.
    Even the mugs are expensive, for sure.
    In my case it was an impulse buy....Have been looking for a non-plastic decent travel mug for my coffee for many years. Even the metal ones I've had before had plastic lids that left a taste in my coffee. None ever really did much to keep it warm. Just never found one I liked. Son in the hardware store one day, I had never seen these little lowball tumblers. I bit my lip and very reluctantly laid out the cash.
    Well, all I can say is that I have used it every single day since for my coffee... for maybe two years...at home, at the office, on the road
    Since then, I have seen that other companies are making knock-offs that look every bit as good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those in place of the yeti....but I like my yeti. I designed and made a little paracord handle for it....life is good.
    Sadly it's too heavy for packing though.

and sadder still based on the lack of response to this thread I guess not many folks use the double wall titanium camp cups....so no advice for me. I fear that the lids that come with these will leave a bad taste. Was hoping someone here could let me know that they are good....or that a yeti lid, or something similar would fit. Also was hoping someone would confirm if these would work even 25% as well as the yeti

If I've needed an insulated cup/mug for backpacking, I've always used one made of plastic of some sort. I own a double-wall titanium mug (garage sale steal) but I haven't tried it yet. Next winter, I'll try it & see how it does.
    2013 AT Thru-hike: 3/21 to 8/19
    Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t1M/edit#gid=0

I was in REI today. Found that they had the snowpeak doublewall cup, the 450 I believe it was. I didn't see that they had the snowpeak lid though so I couldn't get a feel for what that looks like to form an opinion if I think I will like it. I did take the cup over to the yeti display and tried the yeti lid. It almost barely fit, but not quite. You could probably force it in as it is, but that wouldn't be right & I wasn't about to do that in the store. I think it would probably work with a different o-ring seal, but may not be a perfect fit.
    I have a feeling I would like he cup with a decent lid...but it sure is pricey!!! I'll probably just drink out of my pot for now....

++ New Posts ++