WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Trail uber Jani Schafer lives in Bailey CO .........720-688-5398...Store this # just

Great lady who I used to get from Bailey to Breck and back to trail and again from Copper to DIA....great resource if your in a bind obviously not cheap but fair....$100 from Bailey to Breck and back to trail, $150 she picked me and pup up at Copper to DIA, with a stop to get my luggage south of Denver at hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have to use uber app will also do private hiker shuttle

Thank you! Great resource. The wheels are turning.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Is she out of Bailey?

Journal Entries

Theres a commercial dia to breck shuttles that run a schedule ..little less i think

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Is she out of Bailey?
    Yep....Lynwood park hostel is also in Bailey gives free rides to/from trail w hostel or campsite stay..only 8 miles away from trail...also have good resupply section at hostel.....honestly might be easier and cheaper to break up your food haul and resupply and stay at end of day 2 which would mean 2-20 mpd....they pick up at parking lot at end of seg 3. I used reg uber app to get to Indian creek from hotel in Denver...if on Facebook several folks got free rides off CT Facebook page....im the dummy not on FB I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Theres a commercial dia to breck shuttles that run a schedule ..little less i think
    Yep $65.....I had pup and had to stop south of DIA for my pet carrier etc at hotel...

My original plan was to stop in Bailey.

Assuming both Jani and the hostel were unavailable did you get an impression of hitch-ability?

Jefferson might be easier to get to then Baily, but it's only a day from Brek. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot when I crossed the road to Baily, but it was only noon time. I imagine had I waited around for the mountain bikers or day hikers to come back, it would have been possible to beg a ride to Baily. It's just a dirt road and the only traffic is to the CT trail head there. Instead I just waited out the T-storm which hit just then. I was tempted to see if any of the cars were unlocked to get out of the rain, but I didn't.

I went to Jefferson since there wasn't any water at the campground and I needed to camp there (closed for season) and it was a real easy hitch. The guy who picked me up waited around and took me and a couple of other hikers (a young couple) back too. I had to beg the lady at the little store to fill my water bottle after spending $20 there. Mostly convenience store snacks, but they make sandwiches, sell beer and an assortment of fudge.
    Last edited by Slo-go'en; 07-14-2017 at 10:14.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

My original plan was to stop in Bailey.

Assuming both Jani and the hostel were unavailable did you get an impression of hitch-ability?
    I hitched in....there is a popular lake just down from the trail head....I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the hostel owners names but both are awesome and I'd say they're very outgoing and reliable. If it were me I'd call ahead and schedule a pick up time. He said you have cell service if you walk up the road about quarter mile from TH....he had very reasonable priced hiker food...they strive to please. I camped outside as dogs aren't allowed inside....doubt very seriously you'll have any issues getting there.....wouldn't bother sending box as they had plenty....

I'm not seeing a hostel in Bailey - are you talking about here: http://www.lynwoodparkbailey.com/

Have they added a hostel with resupply? (guessing so)

I'm not seeing a hostel in Bailey - are you talking about here: http://www.lynwoodparkbailey.com/

Have they added a hostel with resupply? (guessing so)
    Yep...new....give Bill a call.

Okay. Thanks. The Lynwood Park web pages don't mention Hostel or Hiker services.
    Phone calls always work.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

From PMAGS guide: Hostel at Lynwood Park (when space available, call for advanced arrangements), inside dorm space for sleeping bags, or campsites, shower access, kitchen area, laundry, limited hiking supplies, possible ride to and from trailhead, and we can hold your maildrop hiker boxes with advanced arrangements. [They haven’t yet updated their website with all this but they plan to.lynwoodparkbailey.com Their indoor hostel-like accommodations are in their Gathering Room and, when available, the price is usually $35 per night, shower and coin-op laundry included. ] Some supply items. A 500 ft walk nearby is Coney Island hotdogs! The food is mediocre..but it is a giant hot dog!! 

++ New Posts ++