WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Cape Coral pastor's book on Appalachian Trail experience is available - The News-Pres

The News-Press

Cape Coral pastor's book on Appalachian Trail experience is available
    The News-Press
    Vertigo stopped Tom Hafer's goal of walking the entire Appalachian Trail. But it didn't stop him from writing his sixth book. "Ramble On – Finding Spiritual & Physical Center, Outside" is available on Amazon. Hafer, director of spiritual services for ...

More...

So he averaged 7.7 miles per day??

And he's written a book about it?

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    So he averaged 7.7 miles per day??

And he's written a book about it?
    I know. For goodness sakes - I want to read about real hikers. You know those who walk 15 to 25 miles a day, Northbound of course, starting in spring and finishing by October 15. I don't want to read about spirituality or diet or finding themselves, unless they find themselves at a trail magic station. I don't want to read what a quitter has to write, and if they average single digit days they may as well be a quitter in my, and their book. (sarcasm with a smile button)

Another bit of irony in the book blurb...

Long silent contemplation through unspoiled woods allows him to reconnect with the Creator - shedding fears, doubts, and anxieties - while his ongoing physical efforts reduce his bodyweight

Uhhh... he claims to have quit after achieving only 14% of his goal because of — Ta-DA! — fears, doubts and anxieties, lol.

No doubt he's trying to develop an ample audience of religious chumps who will help him monetize his "adventures".

So he quit due to vertigo yet the cover picture is of him standing on top of Charlies Bunion.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Maybe a little Xanax-fortified prayer?

++ New Posts ++