WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: ignore options

Default ignore options

Is there a way to ignore a user and then NOT see their "blank" posts in a thread? It's an annoying screen-real-estate problem, where you end up with a whole page of "blank" replies to something you're trying to read.

No..............

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AllDownhillFromHere View Post
    Is there a way to ignore a user and then NOT see their "blank" posts in a thread? It's an annoying screen-real-estate problem, where you end up with a whole page of "blank" replies to something you're trying to read.
    I don't have anyone on ignore. Had to temporarily ignore someone just to see what you're talking about.
    Maybe you have too many people on ignore?

There's a few on the list, it's particularly a problem when one of them posts repeatedly every few minutes, or they get into a back and forth, the entire screen gets wasted. Turning off avatars and signatures helps reclaim screen real estate from other posts, but it really is fixing the wrong problem.

I don't think that you can. I have a good number on ignore, too, and even seeing certain names pissed me off. It's worse when someone quotes another who is blocked. Good luck.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Unfortunately I don't know of a way either. I don't use the feature often because when I do, I end up seeing that the person in question left a comment and then it makes me want to know what they wrote out of morbid curiosity.

Donating members do have access to both "Ignore Thread" and "ignore forum" options which work very well. If a thread starts getting heated and becoming a rude then I'll often throw it on it on ignore for a while so that I don't get sucked in. I also have a couple of the specific sub-forums such as the women's forum on ignore so that I can leave those places for the hikers they were intended for.

Now what I really want is a feature that lets me know how many people have ME on ignore
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Now what I really want is a feature that lets me know how many people have ME on ignore
    I don't, but I suspect I've made it on some ignore lists myself. Nobody seems to understand my sense of humor. I should use more smilies or something..

Journal Entries

Oh I know I have pi**ed off a few people, but it was the dang voices making me do it. After a few thousand volts, I'm back to my kind and gentler self. Better to be nice, than sink to levels of others. Happy Happy Happy!!!!!!
    Blackheart

Journal Entries
    Images

Sorry, there is no way at this time to do this.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

It could become a hassle if the clue isn't taken but how about steering a thread or reply to whom you currently most want to hear a reply from as you nicely and very politely did on your desert boot post asking specifically for Leo's input somewhere into your thread?

I know I went off topic for a bit and repeatedly posted in rapid fire fashion. My apologies for that. I'll attempt to be more sensitive.

"just scroll on by"

What's all the fuss? I haven't been posting much...

++ New Posts ++