WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Can-Do! did it, and now she's writing a book about it.

In 2016 my wife "Can-Do!" became the first recorded Thai citizen to thru hike the AT. She is now writing a book about the experience. She started a kickstarter page to fund a sabbatical back to Thailand to find an editor and publisher. You can check out her kickstarter page and there is a link to her blog there as well. She intends to publish the book in both Thai and English. Please share with anyone you think might be interested in supporting her project. Aloha!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

I met you guys MA (Big Bad Wolf)--sorry she didn't get funded but she should still write it!

I agree, you should still write it.

Have you considered self-publishing? With the help of a few friends I researched, wrote, published and marketed a book on a local history topic. I am sure your market will be much larger than mine, but it is worth a consideration. It has been a very positive experience.

It might involve more work as the author is responsible for all the typing, page formatting, endnotes, and marketing. However, you have all control on appearance, style and content, pleasing yourself and customers and not a publisher or editorial board. They want to make money. You just want to tell your story.

Many thru-hikers write and publish, but yours is special and may appeal to a specific audience.

There are many helps online, so maybe consider that a bit, but write it anyway.

Best of luck.

Images

There are many small publishing houses it might be worth approaching. You might try Menasha Ridge Press, for example, the publishers of Just Passing Through, the book by Winton Porter, the former owner at Neel Gap. It's usually best to find an agent. You can research this stuff through Writer's Market and Writer's Digest. You can also search online under such topics as finding a publisher. Many successful authors were first rejected by a long list of publishers before they got a hit. Good luck
    Sailor

++ New Posts ++