WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Klymit Inertia X Frame Pad

Anyone have current experience using this pad? I'm considering it for summer through early fall from TN through NH. I'm 5'9" 165lbs and sleep on my back and side.

Thx

Default Klymit Inertia X Frame Pad

I have that pad. It's ok for summer hammocking. Not very comfy on the ground. It inflates very easily and rolls up pretty small. After 3 or 4 trips I switched to a ridgerest solite.
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

I am very similar in size to you and find this air mat passable but not optimal... in other words, it's better than nothing.

(Mine is actually the short Xlite version... 6.1 oz)

When I use it I find that the little air bulb thingy is not needed to 'top off' the air pressure... breath alone works for me. Bit of a trick to press down the main air valve while still blowing into the mat and, as with more substantial air mats, there is a sweet spot in pressure somewhere between rock-hard and under-inflated, but it is harder to find that sweet spot with this thinner air mat.

Any suggestions for alternatives?
    Much appreciated.

If you like the torso format, the NeoAir Xlite weighs only a couple of ounces more...

However I tried one of these and did not like the 20" width nor the mummy shape — the thing squirted out from under me all night like a greased pig — and elbows dangle off the edges in the most annoying way. But that's me.

My personal favorite format is the rectangular 25"x 47" Neoair Trekker. The best way to get something similar is to buy a large NeoAir Xlite (25" x 77") and cut it down and re-seal it. This would end up weighing close to 10 oz. I realize that slicing up a brand new, expensive air mat is not for everybody. However I've done a few of them, including a $229 Xtherm max, and it was for me a fairly easy project. I've never had a single problem with any of the mats I have re-sealed.

++ New Posts ++