WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Trail runner selection advice

My ever changing feet have changed again..

I started last year hiking in lasportiva wildcats which did not work out despite being perfect the preceding year. I switched to saucony perigrine 7 on the trail and they were good.

I don't have trail runners locally to try but I have found the perfect road shoe ,for now,, asics nimbus size 10in 4e width.

So given the nimbus 4e feels PERFECT, what trail runners should I order to try out?

Thanks yet again whiteblaze!

Since the Asics road runners fit you perfectly, have you searched for some Asics trail runners the same size?

I can't see an asics trail runner that is neutral and available in 4e. I will check again though. Thanks for the feedback

They list the GEL Venture 5 and 6 as being available in 4E and neutral. I have no experience with them, but I was also looking for a wide trail runner and looked Asics and happened along this thread. Good luck in your hunt.

It is too bad that you do not have a store like "Gazelle" near you (Michigan store). They could really answer your question. Perhaps, you might give them a call?

My 20 year old son and I were in their store this afternoon. He mentioned that he liked a certain Nike shoe in that past. Based on the model of Nike, they showed him another Nike, a Saucony, an Adidas, and some other shoe. He ended up switching to Saucony Triumphs (note - this was for road running).

If you were to ask me about trailrunning, I would say to look at Salomon. Yet, that depends on your foot shape/type.

Thanks for.the feedback everyone. I'm was hoping someone would come along with just that type of knowledge shelb

++ New Posts ++