WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default White Mtns and cell service at the Notches

What has been you experience with “VERIZON” cell service thru the White Mtns? I’m mainly interested in service at or near the “Notches” and I’m not interested in changing carriers.

thanks

I have Verizon and live in the area. Service at White House landing (AT crossing at Franconia Parkway) is poor to nonexistent. The service at the AT crossing at Crawford Notch is poor to non existent and marginal at Pinkham. In most cases there is reasonable service up not a lot higher on the slopes before you drop down into the actual notches. Its a matter of local geography and the national forest boundaries. The WMNF does not have any cell towers on their land therefore you are dependent on cell towers on inholdings. There are cell antennas on Cannon Mtn at Crawford Notch, the Ski area north of Crawford Notch and on Pine Mtn well north of Pinkham Notch but the local terrain blocks service at each AT crossing.

I don't routinely check so there may have been some improvements.

The service is spotty at best but they're planning to put a bunch of new towers in . It s going to spoil all the views but service will be top grade. Jim Tenomonid of Tech -tack-toe communications stated that " nobody cares about mountain vistas and nature as much as they care about being able to live tweet it so we're gonna put towers up and make the signal a real blowtorch"

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Sawyer View Post
    The service is spotty at best but they're planning to put a bunch of new towers in . It s going to spoil all the views but service will be top grade. Jim Tenomonid of Tech -tack-toe communications stated that " nobody cares about mountain vistas and nature as much as they care about being able to live tweet it so we're gonna put towers up and make the signal a real blowtorch"
    I would be interested in your source for this information, I keep pretty good track on what is going on in the whites and to date I haven't seen any special use applications for cell towers on WMNF property. There are some state park lands in Crawford and Franconia but to date the cell antennas are on existing improvements like the TV antenna on Cannon.

I expect that you decided to make up your own so called facts in a satirical commentary on cell towers but given the current administration we really don't need any more alternative facts. The Op was asking for information and what your appear to have offered is political commentary.

Rule of thumb for most of the AT, but especially New England - okay high up on ridges, marginal or non-existent lower down or in notches. Western Mass and Vermont has really spotty cell service.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries
    Images

When I first scanned by this, I thought it said white men and cell service LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Images

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    I would be interested in your source for this information, I keep pretty good track on what is going on in the whites and to date I haven't seen any special use applications for cell towers on WMNF property. There are some state park lands in Crawford and Franconia but to date the cell antennas are on existing improvements like the TV antenna on Cannon.

I expect that you decided to make up your own so called facts in a satirical commentary on cell towers but given the current administration we really don't need any more alternative facts. The Op was asking for information and what your appear to have offered is political commentary.
    He forgot the smilie

Some people. Humor just goes sailing over their heads like a no-doubt home run.

Some people, trying to confuse folks who are asking for real information

That's always fun!

++ New Posts ++