WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you everyone for your input, I'm sorry I was MIA for a while and couldn't read your responses. I've learned two of my rock climbing friends live in Asheville and in Boone. We've arranged for me to drive to Asheville, have them take my car and drive me to the trail head, and then hang on to my car for the duration of my hike. When I get closer to Erwin, they'll drive my car over to me where I'll have my "luxury bag" waiting for me with real human clothes and a pack of Skittles I agree with George about a hiking partner being the ideal. For the GA section, I left my car at Deep Gap while he left his at Amicalola State Park. We hiked to my car and I drove him back to his. It was a fail-proof plan, for sure.

I hope this thread doesn't end up deleted because I want to hang on to your advice for TN/VA next time around!

I'd agree with another poster -- Start at Standing Indian Campground and hike up to the AT. It will take you right to Standing Indian and much easier for the shuttle driver
    The older I get, the faster I hiked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++