WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Rock Gap NC Question

I'm looking to do a section from Rock Gap to Dick's Creek over Thanksgiving. Plan to leave vehicle at Dicks and shuttle to Rock Gap - shuttle driver is asking if it is paved to Rock Gap as he won't drive on gravel roads. Does anyone know the answer - want to make sure I can actually get to Rock Gap/Standing Indian Campground and if not find another shuttle driver.

Thanks

Leonidas

I believe I recall it being paved, not the best pavement but I don't recall it being gravel. Sounds like you need to call Ron Brown instead or Beverly.
    Ron: 706.669.0919
    Beverly: 850.572.7352
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Images

I know the road is paved at Rock Gap. If i remember correctly the pavement ends near the back country parking area past the campground entrance.
    The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.
    The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I believe I recall it being paved, not the best pavement but I don't recall it being gravel. Sounds like you need to call Ron Brown instead or Beverly.
    Ron: 706.669.0919
    Beverly: 850.572.7352
    I have always felt that someone willing to shuttle me into the backcountry as a profession shouldn't have to be asking me what the road conditions are on the way there.

Call Ron
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rboles View Post
    I'm looking to do a section from Rock Gap to Dick's Creek over Thanksgiving. Plan to leave vehicle at Dicks and shuttle to Rock Gap - shuttle driver is asking if it is paved to Rock Gap as he won't drive on gravel roads. Does anyone know the answer - want to make sure I can actually get to Rock Gap/Standing Indian Campground and if not find another shuttle driver.

Thanks
    That shuttle driver isnt a shuttle driver if dont drive on gravel roads. Find someone else that knows what they doing.

Its paved.

Thanks to everyone for their response. I agree - was iffy on the shuttle driver but have never shuttled before so wasn't sure. Always appreciate everyone's help on this forum.

++ New Posts ++