WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hike Naked Day!

Images

Default Hike Naked Day!

Happy Summer Solstice everyone!

Anyone ever hike naked to mark the occasion? Any stories? Tales that involve alcohol are especially encouraged!
    Tentative thru-hike start date: St. Patrick's Day, 2011. Top of the mornin' to you!

Journal Entries

I admit nothing, I deny everything and I demand proof.
    Blackheart

Journal Entries
    Images

Didn't happen unless there are photos.
    76 HawkMtn w/Rangers
    14 LHHT
    15 Girard/Quebec/LostTurkey/Saylor/Tuscarora/BlackForest
    16 Kennerdell/Cranberry-Otter/DollyS/WRim-NCT
    17 BearR
    18-19,22 AT NOBO 1562.2
    22 Hadrian's Wall
    23 Cotswold Way

The world is thankful that in MY case, it didn't happen and there are no pics.

Images

I don't understand the fascination with hiking naked. BYOB. (bare your own butt)
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    I don't understand the fascination with hiking naked. BYOB. (bare your own butt)
    Following the tradition established by Colin Fletcher. Theoretically. He spoke of it in his books. I don't recall if there was any photographic evidence.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

It's a thing from FKK (Freikörperkultur), the German naturist movement. They've got quite a network of very well-managed trails for Nacktwanderung (naturist hiking). The big discussion there is between hiking with sandals vs. hiking barefoot (i.e. completely naked).

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    next sticker idea?
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing_Faith View Post
    next sticker idea?
    the SAS envelopes in the mail

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Bag View Post
    Happy Summer Solstice everyone!

Anyone ever hike naked to mark the occasion? Any stories? Tales that involve alcohol are especially encouraged!
    I came across a group of wood nymphs once

Horrible idea. I would guess that only 5% or less of our society looks good without clothes on.

And 75% plus of Americans should never, ever go without clothing.

We are the fat a$$es of the world.

Isn't that the same day as "Feed a tick" day?

Much different dynamic in a world where just about everybody you encounter is probably going to have a camera in their pocket. 15 years ago that wasn't the case. One aspect of having a trail name is the ability to remain anonymous. Its harder to do that in a world where everyone has a camera and a cell phone to exchange photos...just giving away your phone number to another hiker compromises that anonymity. Walk naked these days and your photo will follow you up and down the trail for the rest of your hike, and possibly for the rest of your life.

Images

Interesting that you think it's all about and only about "looks." Says a lot about Americans and the fixation on physicality and judging and body-shaming people that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    Horrible idea. I would guess that only 5% or less of our society looks good without clothes on.

And 75% plus of Americans should never, ever go without clothing.

We are the fat a$$es of the world.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Interesting that you think it's all about and only about "looks." Says a lot about Americans and the fixation on physicality and judging and body-shaming people that way.
    Yes, if someone is naked, it is 100% all about looks.

I don't care if someone is fat or skinny. It is his/her own decision to make.

Personally, I don't care for the fatties. Just my opinion and it should matter to no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Totally agree. And I think if you asked most nudists they would tell you that there is nothing sexual about what they are doing. They don't do it out of a sense of voyeurism or exhibitionism. They do it for the freedom and comfort of it. They don't do it because they want to see people naked or because they want others to see them naked. And very few people look like models. That's why they are models. I don't know why its any more or less offensive to see someone overweight with clothes or without. People come in all shapes and sizes. What difference does it make if you see a piece of fabric or a person's skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    . . . What difference does it make if you see a piece of fabric or a person's skin?
    Potentially a big difference, because, we are sexual beings, and we respond to sexual stimuli which includes visual shapes and textures. So yes, it does make a difference, to many of us, a big difference. BUT, that doesn't mean we should let our visceral responses rule our actions and behaviors in negative ways. And, it doesn't mean we should outlaw behaviors just because push our comfort limits.

Who doesn't like the look and smell of delicious baked goods, but, that doesn't mean we should outlaw their display, and it doesn't mean it is okay to eat them inappropriately or glutinously whenever we see or smell them.

Be free. Hike naked. Enjoy the experience of meeting naked hikers. If you are uncomfortable with being naked or seeing other naked hikers, plan accordingly to avoid potential unpleasant experiences.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Sure, hike naked---other than being put on an offender watch list (gotcha culture), have fun going thru these appendage-removers---As seen on my most recent June 2017 backpacking trip---

Trip 183 (13).JPG
    This Emasculator was found on the Pine Ridge trail in the Citico wilderness TN.

Trip 183 (45).JPG
    This wonderful Butt Reamer was found on the Big Stack Gap trail on the Slickrock side.

Trip 183 (24).JPG
    And who doesn't enjoy an over-trunk session with this Perineum Impaler??? (On the Fodderstack Ridge trail).

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post

Who doesn't like the look and smell of delicious baked goods, but, that doesn't mean we should outlaw their display, and it doesn't mean it is okay to eat them inappropriately or glutinously whenever we see or smell them.
    I know you meant gluttonously but that gives me a horrible mental picture of someone hunched over food with both hands squirting slobbering gluey substances dripping from their fingers. While naked.

Registered User middle to middle's Avatar

In Southern MD. there is a nudist colony or camp. I went by the road with a sign NUDIST COLONY my friend male and i decided to turn in to the road and check it out. We went about 100yards and looked at each other laughed and turned around and left.
    Another time on Cape Cod the road guard told me and family this is a free beach. My first thought was financial but everyone was nude. Educational at best. Interesting segregation on the beach co-ed, all male, all female. families.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++