WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Yes, but isn't that price for the Gorilla without the $45 hip belt, that needs to be added to make a fair comparison? Or did I read that wrong?

Correct it doesn't include the hip belt.

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    Dog lives in a fantasy world. Looking at legitimate pricing, it would appear that the GG and ULA are a bit more than $200. It does appear that you can get the Osprey for a bit cheaper. Figure out your requirements and buy appropriately. Bottom line is that any of the 3 packs will work fine for your needs. With today's availability of lighter gear it isn't too tough to get below 30 pounds including food/water.

It's not a fantasy or "living in a fantasy world" to make a comparison mistake and being willing to admit it. I think it great calling folks out which includes myself to keep us all honest. I like the correction. Thank you.

Loved the previous Gorilla but didn’t care for new one with brain.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Loved the previous Gorilla but didn’t care for new one with brain.....

New GG Gorilla came out yesterday...back to the old style lid...no more brain

Never owned a GG or Osprey pack.

Have two ULAs, CDT and Circuit. Both are comfortable to me even when loaded past the manufacturer's weight limits. In my dream world I will eventually get the Ohm and Catalyst to complete my stable and have a pack for every trip!

As always HYOH and YMMV etc. etc...

Quote Originally Posted by hipbone View Post
    New GG Gorilla came out yesterday...back to the old style lid...no more brain
    Thx...not surprised as I hated one with brain and seemed huge..way more than 40l......honestly since my gear has evolved from a circuit, Gorilla x2, prophet and soon to be burn can’t see ever needing a heavier framed pack for most of my trips. The no hip belt thing is really comfortable to me as last few trips I’ve left hip belt un clipped and much preferred it. Glad I order burn with comfy prophet shoulder straps and no hip belt.

Quote Originally Posted by swjohnsey View Post
    The Ohm 2.0 is made in the U.S.A. I used one on my '12 thru, tore a small hole in it on accent of Katahdin. Sent it back to ULA for repair. He sent me a new pack. When I told him I want the old one for sentimental reasons he sent me that one, too!
    Thanks for sharing that. Positive customer service reports are always good to hear.
    Wayne

I’m happy with my Ohm 2.0. I wish there was a little elastic to finish the top of the mesh pocket, but no complaints other than that. I’ve hauled the big bear vault in it, which isn’t super pleasant but is doable. I’m downsizing to a MLD Burn as I get more UL. Still keeping my Ohm 2.0 though. For now!

-

gossamer has 2017 med size gorilla for 100 + 45 for the belt

Of those options I would go with a GG Gorilla.

I also have own all three.

TF

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    gossamer has 2017 med size gorilla for 100 + 45 for the belt
    Great deal, I picked one up for my weekenders.

Quote Originally Posted by swjohnsey View Post
    The Ohm 2.0 is made in the U.S.A. I used one on my '12 thru, tore a small hole in it on accent of Katahdin. Sent it back to ULA for repair. He sent me a new pack. When I told him I want the old one for sentimental reasons he sent me that one, too!
    Not surprised. Chris is awesome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++