WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Green Bay CEO hiking Appalachian Trail injured, returns home to train recovery coache

Green Bay CEO hiking Appalachian Trail injured, returns home to train recovery coaches
    WBAY
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) The Green Bay woman hiking more than 2,000 miles to help people in recovery for drugs and alcohol is back home again trying to find a new way to help people stay sober. After a big fall while hiking the Appalachian Trail, the CEO ...

More...

Wouldn't it be better: "Green Bay CEO injured hiking Appalachian trail, returns home"

Journal Entries

You are probably right. I have noticed an increase of spelling errors and grammatical fupaws in the newspapers that I read on a regular basis.
    Blackheart

Damn those huge root rock thingies, they will trip you up every time.

But something in the story doesn't make sense. It says that accident happened at mile 629, which would put it on the decent from Angles Rest into Pearisburg. She then need help walking to a farm house 7 miles away. But if she was at mile 629, she was only a mile or two from a paved road which leads to Pearisburg. At that point it would be easy enough to flag down a car or call for help.

My guide book is a 2013, so she might have been a mile or so south of where my guide shows it be, which would put it more like at the top of Angles Rest. I do remember that decent to be a little tricky in places. Oh well, that's just nit picking the story.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Speaking of nit-picky, I'm sorry, but I must:

The grammar of the title is essentially correct given the chronological order of the events, and it's faux pas.

Phew, I had to get that out....forgive me.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Coache - pronounced "kosh eh" (French)

A term used by high society denoting the importance of cache in coaching. Properly executed, coache enlists the use of flamboyant arm and hand gestures in describing how one should properly tackle difficult treks, using the english long "a" to describe distances (as in waay over there).

I don't see the point or relationship in hiking more than 2,000 miles to help people in recovery for drugs and alcohol.

Images

This is news. "Woman fails at her stated goal of hiking the AT." There are thousands of such stories every year. Seems to be a tremendous amount of "injuries", most of them the dreaded pulled heartlidge.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Speaking of nit-picky, I'm sorry, but I must:

The grammar of the title is essentially correct given the chronological order of the events, and it's faux pas.

Phew, I had to get that out....forgive me.
    In the original construction "injured" is an adverb modifying "hiking" regardless of the chronology. There would have to be another comma for it to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    In the original construction "injured" is an adverb modifying "hiking" regardless of the chronology. There would have to be another comma for it to be correct.
    But it's a headline, not a sentence. Technically, it should be a semi-colon, but I don't want to break out the big punctuation guns here! And I totally missed the misspelling of coach!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    I don't see the point or relationship in hiking more than 2,000 miles to help people in recovery for drugs and alcohol.
    Some folks need an excuse to skip out of work.
    Hands on help involves actually coming in contact with the addicted.
    The whole "Hiking to raise awareness" scam boggles my old brain.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Soon addicts and alcoholics will be hiking to help CEO's with leg injuries

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Soon addicts and alcoholics will be hiking to help CEO's with leg injuries
    Perfect.
    They will have the best pain killers and muscle relaxers.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

++ New Posts ++