WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default JetBoil Customer Service: Better than Good!

As I mentioned in the Pot thread, I bought a New Old Stock JetBoil SOL day before yesterday at Gander Mountain. Going out of business no returns rules Gander Mountain.
    When I got home and opened the package I discovered that the accessory pot support was missing. The packaging, instructions and an online review all confirmed that the pot support was part of the SOL stove kit.
    Bummer. I based part of my purchase on being able to use my existing cookware.
    I called JetBoil this morning and spoke to Tammy. I explained the purchase and the Gander Mountain situation and the missing pot support.
    Before I knew it, Tammy apologized profusely, said that the pot support would ship today or tomorrow, made sure that I didn't need it immediately, apologized again, got my shipping information and wished me a good day.
    JetBoil joins TarpTent, REI and LL Bean on my short list of companies offering great customer service and excellent products.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries

That sounds great Wayne. Glad people in customer service understand our needs. I use a lot of cottage industry for my gear and it is like you become a member of their family when you place your order.
    Blackheart

Journal Entries

Glad to hear that, All my experience with Jetboil customer service indicated they don't stand behind their products, particularly the Sol Ti, which they knew had a manufacturing defect and decided to blame it on the customer instead even when they were following the instructions to the letter, who was also totally out the price of the most expensive Jetboil ever to be produced.

I am still a bit leary of Jetboil CS over this and await more good news.

The pot adapter arrived as promised.
    Time to practice omelettes on the SOL!
    Cheers!
    Wayne

++ New Posts ++