Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jefals View Post
    Hey why spandex type, body-hugging material, anyway? Is the idea that it hugs your body, thereby trapping the heat in? if that's not it, then why do people want to wear it?
    Many hikers wear short and then take something like running tights to wear if it gets a bit cold. It has nothing to do with stream crossings. I went to this a couple of years back.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Tights can protect legs on traverses, on snow, pushing thru ice,etc

Pushed thru and broke thru ice in a Dec 31 Buckskin Gulch cold icy slot canyon hike. I wore schoeller fabric pants from rei which worked great not absorbing water and mud. Dutch wore neoprene leggings made front an old wet suit.

The ice chunks we broke thru could rrally gash up shins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Pushed thru and broke thru ice in a Dec 31 Buckskin Gulch cold icy slot canyon hike. I wore schoeller fabric pants from rei which worked great not absorbing water and mud. Dutch wore neoprene leggings made front an old wet suit.
    Schoeller fabric pants. Ok, I'll check that out. But anything like spandex, and I'm thinkin I'm gonna look too much like a ballerina or somethin!

Nah. Jus wear your Hokas with them or stand next to Salty or Mags in their dancing pants with skull patterned Dirty Girls. Youll fit right in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++