WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Exclamation Climate Change On The Maine Appalachian Trail

5/24, tonight, at the Portland Public Library - free and open to the public! Come on out and learn about how Appalachian Trail organizations factor climate change into their work. #MaineAT
    Simon Rucker, Executive Director of the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust will present tonight at the Portland Public Library from 5:30 to 7:00 on Appalachian Trail conservation in Maine and how AT groups are factoring in climate change into their work.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Al Gore call your office.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Ron Tipton, ATC Pres. sent an email out a few months ago complaining about the US pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement. In that email he claimed pulling out creates

"threats to hikers and the Trail itself — including increases in reports of Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses, the spread of invasive plants and insects, changes in the timing of the seasons, severe weather events leading to treadway erosion, and more frequent and severe blowdown events — are all occurring right now and are predicted to worsen as a result of carbon emissions."

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/home...mate-agreement

I would expect the MATC to discuss the same.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

++ New Posts ++