WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Starting NOBO Thru-Hike Attempt June 3. Might I see any of y'all out there?

Starting my first long-distance trail thru-attempt next month. Wondering if I might run into any of you folks on the trail.

Unfortunately you won't run into me this year. I usually take a 2-3 week trip starting in late May every year and the BMT is a regular destination. Life is getting in the way this time of my annual hike. This should be a great year to hike...a bit cooler and plenty of rain. Water should not be an issue like it was last year.
    Best wishes and take the maps and guidebook. FWIW, last year was the only time that I even met another hiker on the trail. You will not meet many hikers at all, if any....which is one of the things that makes this trail a favorite for a few of us.

I'm sorry to hear that, but that's great to hear about how this could be a good year to do it. I know hiking in the South in June isn't ideal, but it's the window that I happened to have so I'm taking it. Already have the guidebook and maps and I have been anxiously looking them over..I am glad to hear that I won't meet many hikers, that's what I've been expecting but it's good to hear it from a veteran. I've taken part in the whole AT social/party scene and I am looking for something much, much more isolated, which is the main reason I picked the BM.

Joined just cause I saw this we'll definitely be crossing paths, I'm headed Nobo on Saturday as well

Cool. Plans changed and I'll actually be starting Sunday, but I'm sure we'll run into each other.

++ New Posts ++