WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great ! Now I have something else to do rather than being productive.

I can't get it to work. I downloaded the app to my Iphone4 and it loaded just fine. It lets me pick out shirt, shoes, etc, but shuts off when it's time to start the hike. Anyone have a suggestion (other than go outside instead ) ?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

I died from buying food. I had 37. It let me buy 49 and then killed me over being short $3.00.

Harsh.

also. I never got Trail legs.

1911 miles and ran out of food between stops going sobo. pretty fun app.may try it again just to see what happens if you finish.

http://www.postholer.com/ontrail
    2011 H.F.-Duncannon, Katahdin-Rangeley
    2012 Springer-Erwin

Well I made it 1300 miles and due to an interesting episode of Andy Griffith, chose to walk to town instead of trying to hitch first, I died on the way to town lol fun game!
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    I can't get it to work. I downloaded the app to my Iphone4 and it loaded just fine. It lets me pick out shirt, shoes, etc, but shuts off when it's time to start the hike. Anyone have a suggestion (other than go outside instead ) ?
    Same here, except I'm using an ipad Mini , gen 2 I believe.

Great game!

Some ideas:
    How about fording options for the rivers in Maine (especially if you travel southbound early in the season when the waters are highest). Kind of like Oregon Trail!
    Real trail magic: option to help a trail crew. Use a day, but gain 20 heart points helping the Konnarock Trail Crew for instance.
    Simple stats like: how many miles needed to average a day to complete trail on time
    Option to stealth camp
    Choose your own trail name
    Option to do a flip-flop hike
    How about some above treeline graphics/PA rocks/southern balds
    And, pportunities for Easter eggs galore!
    Springer to Katahdin: 1991-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerfixit View Post
    Same here, except I'm using an ipad Mini , gen 2 I believe.
    On closer inspection of the requirements per the AT Store, this requires Iphone 6 at least.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

It mentions iOS 6. I'm running iOS 9+. I think you might have gotten confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerfixit View Post
    It mentions iOS 6. I'm running iOS 9+. I think you might have gotten confused.
    More than likely...tech savvy I'm not! What is IOS 6 and does it mean the game won't work on my phone?

Journal Entries

More than likely...tech savvy I'm not! What is IOS 6 and does it mean the game won't work on my phone?
    IOS is Apples Operating System much like Windows 7-10. Most newer operating systems are backwards compatible; if you have IOS 6 or higher it should work. I would contact Vtgorilla by PM and talk to him directly. Some newer apps require a little tweaking in the beginning. Good luck.
    Blackheart

Images

Fun game. Thanks! I'm surprised more people don't die on the AT. :-) I died twice in Pennsylvania and once in New Jersey; In Vermont right now.

I enjoyed playing your game. I haven't survived all the way to the end, yet, but I will keep trying. :-) The maximum of 10 meals is an issue, since on long stretches between towns, one would obviously carry extra meals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++