WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've called ebay, paypal and my bank. They are all looking into this. You may need to do the same

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Perfect example of why NOT to use PayPal F&F. You are just giving away money if the other person is dishonest. Not saying this is you left52side.

This too
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Six-moons-de.../142339617148?
    long story why the price doesn't reflect the $475 I'm talking about

Journal Entries

Only a person with the password to an email account can use it or collect money from paypal email link.

Email accounts arent recycled. If its yours, its yours forever. They dont get inactive, they always receive at least some spam.

Theres a trail to whomever received the payment. The way scammers in other countries get around is open account, transfer money from paypal into it, and withdraw and close account immediately., Leaving no recourse, even with a name.

In us , people have shown up at their door with a baseball bat
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-17-2017 at 13:18.

dgoggins has brought this to my attention also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZPACKS-Hexam...p2047675.l2557

which left52side is now selling on whiteblaze, which would have been impossible if, as he claims, he doesn't use the ebay account associated with the seller name wcurry352

left52side is a thief, who either owes me money, or the tent that he stated that I'd receive (a virtually brand new 2016 skyscape x)

Journal Entries
    Images

I have had this shelter listed before on whiteblaze but never on ebay.
    I do not know who you are but hope you get issues resolved.
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

dude, your pm inbox is too full to pm you anymore. I'll give you until tomorrow to convince me that I shouldn't call your hometown police department and report this

Journal Entries
    Images

I have erased my inbox but I have no idea what you are talking about my local police.
    They have nothing to do with anything as I do not have anything to do with anything.
    I never sold you A tent because I never have had A SMD tent to sell.
    Anyway do what you need to do I doubt local police will do anything and will tell you to contact paypal or ebay but if you feel that nessisary then by all means please dont let me stop you ...
    Have A great day.

Default 2017 Zpacks Hexamid solo with cuben ground sheet

The most troubling thing of this to me is capitalizing the word "a" in every post. Who does that?
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    The most troubling thing of this to me is capitalizing the word "a" in every post. Who does that?
    the most troubling part for me is the other thread where guy is selling his whole gear set and he is apologizing for mailing out 2 days late because he was in the hospital with a stroke. talk about 2 extremes!
    introduced to backpacking on my 21st in the red river gorge, KY (2012)

2015 salkantay trek - Glamping

16'-17' amicalola--> Fontana dam

7 days solo on Huayhuash circuit!! 9/17

Journal Entries
    Images

I have been on the computer with ebay and paypal the whole day trying to sort this out and figure out how ,y name is involved with this.
    I have gained access to an old email account and looked at all the messages and contact ebays fraud prevention as well as paypal.
    It is not my intention to mislead or take advantage of anyone at any time.
    I have sold numerous items in the past without ever having any problems and I will continue to uphold my name for the hiking community .
    I am not sure how I was involved in this or how my name and information was involved but paypal is issuing a full refund as per what the woman told me via telephone.
    So hopefully this will clear matters up and I can begin to rebuild with new emails and updates and etc...
    I understand your frustration as it has affected me as well.

Hey man, if this is true I apologize. And, am grateful that you're helping me out in this.

Journal Entries
    Images

Hey man, if this is true I apologize. And, am grateful that you're helping me out in this.
    It is A misfortune for all involved including myself .
    And not only am I trying to clear my name from this incident I am as well trying to help you out and anyone involved .
    You have the resources to look at all my transactions on here and numerous other groups and such involving ultralight hiking gear and never once have I tried to get over on anyone but obviously I am somehow tied into something and that is my focus on resolving the issue.
    Please let me know when you receive A refund .

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    no ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PayPal was able to verify that the refund process has been initiated

On other forums we have a system to track transactions and deals with buyers and sellers. I myself had the misfortune of dealing with left52side. I can say his emails were of a positive note, on trying to help. But when it comes down to Brass Tacks, if you're the person involved you take the hit and make it right. It was finally resolved after I involved my banking institution. Yes, I'm new to the forum and not sure if we have a tracking system in place. If we don't I'd be glad to share. I'm certainly not bashing or discrediting left52side as a person, I'm just stating the factual dealings I had with left52side.

After reading the whole thread. I'd say, STAY AWAY from this seller. His line with me was he was selling a tent for a friend in another state. As soon as he got his money the friend was in a car wreck and in the hospital for awhile. Well later his friend passed and his friends son contacted me once and was done. I would surely pass on this seller at all cost.
    Last edited by gotts63; 07-06-2017 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    It is A misfortune for all involved including myself .
    I find it interesting that he'd capitalize the "A" in the middle of the sentence, just like the mystery fraudulent ebay listing.

Quote Originally Posted by qft View Post
    I find it interesting that he'd capitalize the "A" in the middle of the sentence, just like the mystery fraudulent ebay listing.
    The item location is listed as Homosassa Florida which I believe left52side used to have listed as his location.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++