WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    This reminds me of a couple trips where I met a couple hiking groups and took their pics.
    I lead walks for my bushwalking club and this picture reminds me so much of some of the walks I've lead. Not uncommon to be the only male on the walk, there are just so many women involved in clubs in Oz. Been a few people found their partner in our club.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

-

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    As they say in Co ski towns, where ski bum guys outnumber girls by a large margin:

Either bring it with you, or plan to do without.
    yeah, well I certainly plan to do without when I hike - the wife did go on one overnight, and there was the "incident" in the fire tower, but I digress……..

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jjozgrunt View Post
    I lead walks for my bushwalking club and this picture reminds me so much of some of the walks I've lead. Not uncommon to be the only male on the walk, there are just so many women involved in clubs in Oz. Been a few people found their partner in our club.
    But they are probably not interested in meeting anyone ( I almost said something else.)

Quote Originally Posted by NY HIKER 50 View Post
    But they are probably not interested in meeting anyone ( I almost said something else.)
    When do you ever plan to meet your future partner? Can happen anywhere at anytime, male or female. Even read about it happening on the AT.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

It's not all wine and roses if you meet that hiker chick. What if she's an UL whacko?

I used Zoosk and found the love of my life. My profile told my story and passion for hiking the AT. Early emails and texts weeded out the glampers from the backpackers until I found the real thing. We've spent the last three months hiking and fishing. I couldn't be happier. It can happen. Don't give up!
    "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver

I dont know if you're married or not but finding a single woman who loves thru-hiking and going alone with you is quite hard. It's risky for her 'cause she might not know what you're going to do on the trails. Match dot com is just a dating sites and it's not a good idea to find your partner there. My recommendation is picking up a strange girl and share your passion with her. Maybe you can find a good one after failing hundred times, lol

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

My wife and I are a eHarmony success story. Me from East Tennessee; her from Western Carolina. I am into hiking. She is more into animals and farming; more of a walking the greenway not trail personality.

For the OP and others, try trail maintenance; a AT trail crew or Trail Days Hardcore.

Group hikes - Meetup, REI...

Should be able to find a meetup or group Singles Into Hiking

Or just camp out Springer next crowd season and dub yourself "the Bachelor".
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Images

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    My wife likes to hike, backpack, and camp as much as I do.
    In fact we're doing the AT on the 20 year plan together.

"Enjoy hiking" on a dating profile typically seems to mean day hiking, not backpacking and certainly hardly ever means long distance thru hiking which is really a tiny fringe activity despite what it may seem like on forums like this. In the past, when I've described my longer thru hikes to people who "enjoy hiking", the reaction is usually either fascination or surprise - especially when it comes to hitchhiking and going a week without showering. Probably the best way to meet people engaged in an activity that is quite rare (long distance backpacking) is to go on a long distance hike.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++