WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    No, don't take that from an REI EMPLOYEE, um Associate.

Stinkeye - we use that in HI all the time.

Tell Story(another HI term for talking), working for Home Depot many moons ago I found out every Makita tool returned HD ate as Makita didn't have a full reimbursement agreement with HD. That played into the rise of offering more other power tool brands like DeWalt.

Bring your boy along into the REI next time. Make sure he calls you Dad a lot. While waiting for the return have a conversation that is overheard with him about you buying new backpacks, sleeping bags, and tent at REI for the family. Don't show up like you just crawled out of a box that you live in from behind the store in the woods. Then see how the return goes. Sometimes, life is about getting what we want not complaining about what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm here to report that the Altra Lone Peak 3.5's I used for my last AT section made it the 489 miles through New Hampshire and Maine. If they can last through those two states then good for Altra. I found the rock plate protected my feet very well on those sharp rocks on Mt. Madison.

I also walked through deep water in them but did dry quickly.

The rubber toes did start to work loose on both shoes, and I was careful not to catch the toes on a root or rock for fear of pulling the sole off. The heels also started to peel also.

That said, I think I'll continue to wear them on the trail

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Ok, I'm here to report that the Altra Lone Peak 3.5's I used for my last AT section made it the 489 miles through New Hampshire and Maine. If they can last through those two states then good for Altra. I found the rock plate protected my feet very well on those sharp rocks on Mt. Madison.

I also walked through deep water in them but did dry quickly.

The rubber toes did start to work loose on both shoes, and I was careful not to catch the toes on a root or rock for fear of pulling the sole off. The heels also started to peel also.

That said, I think I'll continue to wear them on the trail
    Good to hear.....I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the Timps....feel great...I'll re glue when separate....I'd be happy with 500 miles!

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Good to hear.....I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the Timps....feel great...I'll re glue when separate....I'd be happy with 500 miles!

Also, they are, hands down, the grippiest shoes on rock I have ever worn.

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post

I'm curious to hear how you like the Timps, I have the Kings ATM but haven't had them on trail yet. Bought them on sale at the end of my last section.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Also, they are, hands down, the grippiest shoes on rock I have ever worn.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I'm curious to hear how you like the Timps, I have the Kings ATM but haven't had them on trail yet. Bought them on sale at the end of my last section.

I used the 3.5 LP on a 100 mile CT section last month. Great traction and comfort but same rubber separation. I returned and got the Timps, they feel even better maybe lil wider toe box. Hope to try them on a section in October.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++