WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OK.. here's my plan...

I have a stuff sack full of.. stuff sacks. I have a few very small Sea2Summit bags that are just a tad too small for the InReach, but good enough to see that it will work. I've been making round bottom stuff sacks for my various cook kits so I am going to sew two of them the right size for the InReach. I am also making two mesh water bottle holders for the shoulder straps since I recently changed my water filtration and storage.

In the interim, I am going to ranger band the small stuff sack to the shoulder strap..

I just got my inReach and plan to use a belt pouch for it. I've used GPSs before and while they claim a clear view of sky with antenna unobstructed are needed, I've had them buried in packs and thick down parka pockets (inside pocket to keep from freezing in -35) and they still keep a signal. I'll be interested to see how well the inReach can do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++