WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by loguon_theguy View Post
    I don't really day hike, because any hike not involving corn fields is 3-4 hours away so it's not really worth it. However, I'm going to college in northern minnesota. With all my classes I think hikes of only a few hours are probably gonna be the only thing on the menu, but I need a daypack first. I guess I just never realized the range in size with day packs. I was looking into the Osprey daylite, or maybe the Gregory Miwok in 18 or 24 liter. For winter day hikes I have my REI Flash 45, so I'm just looking for a warmer weather pack that's good for some speed hiking and maybe a bit of trail running. Any suggestions?

ps - I'm broke so some lower budget suggestions (<$100) would certainly be welcome. Thanks
    You will likely need a pack for your school needs, so save some money and pick one that works for that and hiking. There are plenty to choose from at <$100.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Images

I've been day hiking / walking with a cinch sack. It's refreshingly simple.

https://www.bookstores.umn.edu/viewP...3#.WegKxRNSxE4

and you should be able to find one for free...

Quote Originally Posted by DrL View Post
    I've been day hiking / walking with a cinch sack. It's refreshingly simple.

https://www.bookstores.umn.edu/viewP...3#.WegKxRNSxE4

and you should be able to find one for free...
    They are quite decent for carrying power and surprisngly not bad on comfort given the use of cord instead of straps. However, I've found the cheap/free ones to be poor in durability ... like, a handful of uses, then they fall apart. There are ones of apparently higher quality you can buy for about $20 or so.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cspan View Post
    They are quite decent for carrying power and surprisngly not bad on comfort given the use of cord instead of straps. However, I've found the cheap/free ones to be poor in durability ... like, a handful of uses, then they fall apart. There are ones of apparently higher quality you can buy for about $20 or so.
    Hmm, mine have held up. I typically only carry an extra layer (rain coat or synthetic hoodie), snack, FAK, and water.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    How about the Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Day Pack?

Under $30 on Amazon. Super lite. 20L, so plenty for a day hike. Packs down to the size of a baseball. Can double as a book bag for school...
    I have a cheap bag like this from Amazon. it's an off brand. I put it in my luggage because it packs into it's own pocket. Not much good for most of what I do. I have an Osprey Daylite, but even that is too small for a sleeping bag, change of clothes (minus pants), etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++