WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Note, my previous post is for using my phone to record videos on the trail.

If I use my FauxPro, I go two-system sound and replace the audio in post. My phone's native audio recording app and the same mic previously mentioned are how I record sound.

Also, putting a lav mic under your shirt (and using your shirt as a sort of wind screen) can be helpful in a pinch.

(Can you tell that I have a low-budget YouTube channel?)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just a quick side trail from the OP... Can you point me to a good tutorial for shooting and editing video from my phone? And I mean a tutorial for a complete tech idiot?
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    Just a quick side trail from the OP... Can you point me to a good tutorial for shooting and editing video from my phone? And I mean a tutorial for a complete tech idiot?

KDEnlive is available for Windows now. I've used it for years and it's pretty good, plenty of tutorials on their website and a bunch of videos on Youtube.

Or are you wanting to edit ON your phone? If so, good luck! Editing can really tax a good desktop and I don't think a phone would have the horsepower to do it.

As a side note, to use a bluetooth mic for audio on a phone, there is another program called BTMono that is required. I can't edit that into my previous post, so here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    If using an IPhone, then IMovie is the easiest editing software. You Tube is your friend from a fellow tech idiot. Also look into the Lavalier Microphone and while you are at it... The Pedco Ultralight Camera Pod that will work with a phone mount clip. Finally, the Stic Pic for your Trekking Pole.

These items have been used and recommended by last year AT Vloggers that went with an IPhone approach.

I am hoping that practice makes perfect but I am almost ready to bipass vlogging. The bar is to high with Early Riser this year! Lol
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

Very true about ER. Thanks for the info -- I'm going to try to find something similar for an Android.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Images

AndroVid can be used in a pinch, and I truly mean a pinch. It is little more than Windows Movie Maker, the original one not the one from Windows 7.

For editing on a computer, I use iMovie (I have a Mac) or Hitfilm 4 Express. Hitfilm is free and available on Windows and Mac. I also have Lightworks that can be used portably on a flash drive stuck in whatever machine is handy. It is also free but lacks the compositor of Hitfilm. But if you are only looking to edit video on a phone, you aren't even remotely close to needing a compositor.

Check out VideoEditors on Reddit for some expert hobbyist advice. Reddit.com/r/VideoEditors

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++