WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Target stocks the Cafe Bustelo singles at ~$1.05/6.
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Realize that if you put adulterants in coffee.....its because you dont like coffee.
    You may like what you drink. But its not coffee anymore. Its coffee with X. Usually startling amounts of X.

Ive been coerced to drink arabic coffee with coworkers in middle east. Sorry, frickin disgusting. Cardamom is disgusting, like drinking flowers. Which is why the cup is soo tiny.....

Fresh roasted single source ripe beans whose smell fills a room and lingers for long time just by opening bag, ground right before use , oozing co2 during bloom and brew, 16-17:1 water ratio, brewed perfectly balanced, hints of chocolate, earthiness, acidic flavors depending on soil of origination....is real coffee, what coffee is all about. You cannot experience it putting adulterants in it.

Todays mass produced stale pre grind market, has totally replaced real coffee for 99+% of people. Roasted whole beans lose over half their flavors in 2 weeks from roast date. Unless you purchase fresh beans from local roaster with the roast date on bag, its hard to experience really good coffee.

Im not a snob but i can discern between different single source beans, brew extraction times , etc. The vast majority of what I drink daily is pure crap. Both at work, and the keurig junk leaving house in morning.

But on weekends......😊. Its awesome, its glorious, it tastes like it smells..

Actually you'd be wrong there I do happen to like black coffee. For myself personally it depends on my mood some days I'll drink black also do it with a touch of cream. As for the brewing methods my two favorites are the pour over got a stainless steel version just for it and perkie pot. Yep some say its crap and that's fine I grew up with them so its a bit of nostalgia brewing in one brings back fond memories of my grampa. As to whole bean yep I'll agree with ya there to nothing better than fresh brew
    "Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."

By Doug Larson

Im not a snob but i can discern between different single source beans, brew extraction times , etc. The vast majority of what I drink daily is pure crap. Both at work, and the keurig junk leaving house in morning.
    Thanks Muddy, I needed a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I had never heard of Korean instant coffee....Maxim..this stuff is good..already has lil powdered milk and sugar....way better than the Trader Joe's w sugar and milk....Good hot or cold....Amazon...$19.99 for 100 sticks....

They sell something similar in Thailand. Great stuff for an all in one package.

As a coffee snob who exclusively drinks his coffee black..usually french pressed, I found that I had to compromise for the trail. I was originally bringing along fresh ground (separated into vacuum sealed portions) and using a GSI Java Press. GREAT to have good coffee in on the trail. BUT, coffee grounds are a pain in the arse/messy to clean out the press and pack out. It just wasn't worth it. I despise the Starbucks brand packets, and settled on these (https://www.amazon.com/Nescaf%C3%A9-...scafe+3+in+one). I found the little bit of sugar is actually beneficial to get me going and give me a little energy for the trail.

I tried that stuff Shug is always drinking from his hammock. Its not bad. Better thanmaxwell house or nescafe instants.

Yech

Milk and sugar in coffee??

Sorry, people that put stuff in coffee, have absolutely no idea what coffee even is.

I drink crap coffee daily for work and when in rush. Not a coffee snob, but i grind and brew fresh roasted coffee beans when i have time. Most people have never tasted what real good fresh coffee is. They need milk and sugar because they are drinking bitter sour stale oxidized old grind coffee, overroasted to try to hide the bitterness.
    Coffe advice from a guy named "Muddy Waters"?! Bahahaha! awesome
    Actually I only drink black coffee too. I live in Okinawa now and the Japanese have lots of instant coffee choices. Not too bad.
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++