WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Another awesome trail coffee....cheap

I had never heard of Korean instant coffee....Maxim..this stuff is good..already has lil powdered milk and sugar....way better than the Trader Joe's w sugar and milk....Good hot or cold....Amazon...$19.99 for 100 sticks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early Riser has been talking about these... They sound pretty good, by his account.

They're an excellent way to get a halfway decent cup going. I just mix two packs in about 16 ounces of cold water. Hits the spot, and nothing beats the simplicity.

Funny I met early riser in Va few weeks ago while I was on a short 2.5 day section hike....I've yet to try Maxim on trail just at home but plan on using as I've done before....

16 oz Gatorade bottle with water
    1.5 bag of carnation IB
    1 Maxim coffee
    1 Mt Hagen coffee
    1 spoon of nido....

Usually make two of these before bed so they're ready first thing...I like em cold..

I've got some....my opinion: meh.

Cafe Bustello(sp?) is the best cheap single serve IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Funny I met early riser in Va few weeks ago while I was on a short 2.5 day section hike....I've yet to try Maxim on trail just at home but plan on using as I've done before....

16 oz Gatorade bottle with water
    1.5 bag of carnation IB
    1 Maxim coffee
    1 Mt Hagen coffee
    1 spoon of nido....

Usually make two of these before bed so they're ready first thing...I like em cold..

I do almost the same thing, only its just carnation instant breakfast and Starbucks instant mocha or latte (which is basically instant coffee, dried milk, and sugar).

Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post

I like bustello also but like changing it up....all about $.20-.25 per pack so way cheaper than the via from 4$ .....Which I dislike almost as much as tasters choice....yuck!

Journal Entries

Yech

Milk and sugar in coffee??

Sorry, people that put stuff in coffee, have absolutely no idea what coffee even is.

I drink crap coffee daily for work and when in rush. Not a coffee snob, but i grind and brew fresh roasted coffee beans when i have time. Most people have never tasted what real good fresh coffee is. They need milk and sugar because they are drinking bitter sour stale oxidized old grind coffee, overroasted to try to hide the bitterness.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-05-2017 at 18:01.

I like my coffee the same as my wife. Tall, dark, and bitter
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

Sounds pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    I like my coffee the same as my wife. Tall, dark, and bitter
    lol thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I had never heard of Korean instant coffee....Maxim..this stuff is good...
    I agree. That's what I've been carrying recently.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Yech

Sorry, people that put stuff in coffee, have absolutely no idea what coffee even is.

I drink crap coffee daily for work and when in rush. Not a coffee snob, but i grind and brew fresh roasted coffee beans when i have time. Most people have never tasted what real good fresh coffee is. They need milk and sugar because they are drinking bitter sour stale oxidized old grind coffee, overroasted to try to hide the bitterness.
    I hear ya...I've had plenty of "good coffee" been to costa, Puerto Rico several times and recently Cuba and frequent the cesspool of south Fl...I know what good coffee is and drink it the way I like it...I drink Cuban coffee black but like to change it up...I am a coffee snob at home but on trail I like my caffeine with sugar and milk!!!

Does it come with a translator? From SK or NK? I don't trust that NK cult leader even with my instant coffee. How much Won does it cost? I'm not in the strict forum am I?

Well we know where the OP stands starting threads today titled "What energizes you after bonking out?" and "Another awesome coffee..."

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Yech

They also sell it black....i accidentally ordered the gold version with milk and sugar but does tastes a lot better than others I've had.....the packaging isn't in English...sure hope it's just milk and sugar!!!

I ordered a box of that stuff on amazon. I like a bold brew normally. I find it as it is a bit weak and way too sweet for my liking. I did learn that you can pinch the tube as you pour it and restrict the amount of creamer and sugar that pours out...(the coffee tends to rise to the top while the sugar and creamer settle). Apparently some of that Korean kanji says to do just that.....
    I'll sometimes use one packet as is, and a second packet holding out as much of teh cream and sugar as I can...just to make it a bit stronger. Not bad for what it is. I've also used 1 pack of this + 1 pack of via, but I find the via bitter so it's not my favorite. Planning to try some nescafe or something for the same purpose....

Quote Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
    I ordered a box of that stuff on amazon. I like a bold brew normally. I find it as it is a bit weak and way too sweet for my liking. I did learn that you can pinch the tube as you pour it and restrict the amount of creamer and sugar that pours out...(the coffee tends to rise to the top while the sugar and creamer settle). Apparently some of that Korean kanji says to do just that.....
    I'll sometimes use one packet as is, and a second packet holding out as much of teh cream and sugar as I can...just to make it a bit stronger. Not bad for what it is. I've also used 1 pack of this + 1 pack of via, but I find the via bitter so it's not my favorite. Planning to try some nescafe or something for the same purpose....
    Try 1 of these and one mt Hagen... good balance

If you really like a rich, creamy cup of coffee, collagen or cocoa butter discs would be great for backpacking and they won't stick to your teeth like powdered coffee creamer.
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    If you really like a rich, creamy cup of coffee, collagen or cocoa butter discs would be great for backpacking and they won't stick to your teeth like powdered coffee creamer.
    Sounds yummy but normally drink my coffee concoction cold in morn as don't cook in AM....I'll definitely try though...I was thinking I'd try DW suggestion about the ss packets of coconut oil also in it. Thx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++