WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Harpers Ferry Hostel

Stayed at the Harpers Ferry Hostel in Knoxville, MD. It's at 19123 Sandy Hook Road. It's just past the 340 bridge, take Tryst Rd to Sandy Hook. It overlooks the River; awesome location. Enjoyed my stay very much. Includes a make your own breakfast; anything from pancakes to waffles to French toast to omelettes with bacon and fruit (apples, tangerines, bananas) available. Wifi and computers available.
    Trillium

Nice hostel. It is also reachable on the A.T. via a blazed side trail off the C&O section just north of Harpers Ferry. It's not easy to find though.
    Springer to Katahdin: 1991-2018

How's Loretta doing? It's been a while since we've stayed there, but Snacktime and I always felt welcome.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Loretta has moved on....new caretakers with positive reviews.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Nina & Pete are the staff now. They took very good care of me.
    Trillium

Can anyone comment on the noise here when camping out? How about the outdoor showers?Good enough for 40* use?
    I'm thinking of staying(camping unless below 32*) here, adding a extra day to my SOBO section, as the 6.5 mile hike to the train station(11am train) from Ed Garvey is a bit much for these old legs given sun up is nearly 7:30am. I really prefer very easy last days on trail, where I can spend time being a sightseer, rather than packing up and hiking in the AM darkness. At the hostel I could sleep into 9am, sightsee Harpers(again) and have breakfast before the 11am train.

Images

It’s a mile or two outside of harpers. Didn’t notice any excessive noise from csx or anything, but I slept inside.

++ New Posts ++