WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by -Rush- View Post
    If I were you, I'd look up a guy that lives near you named Bill "Skywalker" Walker. He's a thru-hiker and has written several books. I bet he knows all the great vendors for you tall folk.
    I meet Skywalker on the AT. All his shirt sleeves and pant pants legs were like 3" too short.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I meet Skywalker on the AT. All his shirt sleeves and pant pants legs were like 3" too short.
    That's kinda funny....

I've recently ordered twice from Luke (Once through his website, once through a Massdrop) and received both items promptly. Heck, I ordered the first item on Thanksgiving Day and received a personal email within minutes. On Thanksgiving Day! I really think he is trying to make an effort to earn back people's trust. Hopefully the people in former posts got their money back and resolved their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by pafarmboy1 View Post
    I've recently ordered twice from Luke (Once through his website, once through a Massdrop) and received both items promptly. Heck, I ordered the first item on Thanksgiving Day and received a personal email within minutes. On Thanksgiving Day! I really think he is trying to make an effort to earn back people's trust. Hopefully the people in former posts got their money back and resolved their differences.
    Like many others on this site, I ordered gear from Luke's and not only never received it, I have never had an email back, nor a refund. It's been nearly a year now.
    humor is the gadfly on the corpse of tragedy

I have been waiting for over a month for the same item (UL shorts) they sold on Massdrop which is why I chose to order this item.

I figured if they are mass distributing it then obviously they have some inventory.

...they told me (after waiting for 1 week for a shipping notification) that it would take 3 additional weeks (but I would get them sooner) ....Then I saw another Massdrop for this company.

Did not respond to my last email on status updates.

I think I have been reasonably patient. IMHO they should not be taking orders if there are issues.

This thread reminded me to file a claim with Paypal.

I don't have a problem waiting for items (just waited 4 months from another cottage vendor) but when you tell someone specifically an ETA or tell them it will be sooner or don't tell them at all that is bad business.

Yet they still seem to take orders and use Massdrop which is not a small potato affair

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/luke-s-...cnopile-beanie (100 units) ETA 1/8/2018
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lukes-ultralite-shorts (200 units) ETA 11/30/2107

Additionally (when I ordered) I had no idea there were other folks having issues...some saying they never got a refund or saw the item they ordered.
    Last edited by Vanhalo; 01-02-2018 at 13:48.

I have had a kind of weird experience with a small company. I think that it's just someone working out of a garage. Obviously that can work but it has it's limitations. Eventually they shipped, but they didn't tell me they were out of a specific color. A together company would let you know such a thing.

Ended up going to google and looking up the company. Strangely google (right side panel) gave me a phone number which was not on the webpage. You might try that out. The lady was not too happy with me, but she apologized and sent out another color shirt.

Default Do not buy from Luke Ultralite!

Edge of my seat waiting to see if Flutch got things sorted!

Just wanted to add that I have also purchased from "Lukesultralight" within the last year and received my item in a week or two, no issues, no fuss. For everyone else stuck in this pickle, I hope he gets everything sorted, fixed, healed, or whatever needs to happen because the man makes dependable gear.

I agree. I've ordered 4 times from Luke in the last 2 years with no problems and what ever happened I hope he comes thru for everyone. I like his work.

Default Luke has been in the VA Hospital

I saw a notice on his website with the following that he had been hospitalized in the VA hospital:

Recently I was released from the VA Medical Center after being inpatient there for quite a while.
    I had a seizure, heart problems and some other medical issues. I was extremely limited on communication and this post is to sincerely apologize to those who were caught in the crossfire.
    We are slowly restructuring the company and will be up and running soon.
    I’ll do my absolute best to make things right to my customers.
    During this time we’ll only be accepting limited orders to keep quality at its best and stress levels down.
    If you would like to make an order please email me, but keep in mind we are keeping order numbers lower during this time.
    Thank you very much for every ones support, and I hope my customers can understand.
    Luke
    Stuff Sacks and Dry Bags

Images

That's too bad. I ordered from Luke in early 2015 and very much liked his gear and had a very good customer experience then. I hope he can mend his health and properly restructure his business.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshBear View Post
    I saw a notice on his website with the following that he had been hospitalized in the VA hospital:

Recently I was released from the VA Medical Center after being inpatient there for quite a while.
    I had a seizure, heart problems and some other medical issues. I was extremely limited on communication and this post is to sincerely apologize to those who were caught in the crossfire.
    We are slowly restructuring the company and will be up and running soon.
    I’ll do my absolute best to make things right to my customers.
    During this time we’ll only be accepting limited orders to keep quality at its best and stress levels down.
    If you would like to make an order please email me, but keep in mind we are keeping order numbers lower during this time.
    Thank you very much for every ones support, and I hope my customers can understand.
    Luke
    Stuff Sacks and Dry Bags
    That message has been on his website for quite some time, can't remember exactly when I went to his site, some time in Sept and this msg was there then. Seems this has been a long standing issue with Luke's: https://backpackinglight.com/forums/...kes-ultralite/

Images

I hate to see this thread keep popping up. I've had great experiences with Luke in the past, I understand the frustration of those who are caught in the middle of his health problems. I just wish Luke the best and hope that his business and health recover to the point where he can take care of everyone who has been aggrieved.
    “For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

has any one recived anynthing from luke I am still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by madhappy View Post
    has any one recived anynthing from luke I am still waiting
    No. I filed a claim with Paypal and they gave me a refund.

yeah after waiting 5 or 6 months I filed a claim through paypal and got my money back.

I talked to him on the phone, and that was a mistake.

He claimed I had made a custom order. I am grateful I had intercession to get a refund.

If he has a "health problem" I think it involves drugs because I lived in the San Francisco Haight-Ashbury Neighborhood 18+ years and on the telephone he was talking like a doper.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    I talked to him on the phone, and that was a mistake.

He claimed I had made a custom order. I am grateful I had intercession to get a refund.

If he has a "health problem" I think it involves drugs because I lived in the San Francisco Haight-Ashbury Neighborhood 18+ years and on the telephone he was talking like a doper.
    Bpl still has a thread on.luke.
    Someone got local law to go there, his dad claimed he had drug problem and didnt know where he was.

But they tell sellng shorts on massdrop still

What a sad story.

Journal Entries

If the guy just got hooked on painkillers after auto accident that would be one thing.

I have no compassion for somebody that's knowingly ripping people off. Not sad at all. He's a POS. What's sad is the people he ripped off they won't get their money back. And the fact his father is apparently helping him now.

Enough we're ripped off and complained to BBB, Pay Pal, law enforcement I don't see how this guy is going to escape prosecution. Internet fraud , wire fraud, etc is a federal offense.
    I think it does eventually come down on him. Too many pissed off people to get away with.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 05-13-2018 at 09:30.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post

But they tell sellng shorts on massdrop still
    A thread on the r/ultralight forum explained that the laundry shorts are outsourced to another company which is why those shorts get fulfilled on Massdrop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++