WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for Partner for 2018 NOBO

My start date is pretty flexible as I travel for work and can align my dates. Would like to hike with others for the safety in numbers thing and for the company.

A partnership is only likely to last as long as the hikers have compatible styles. That said, there are a bunch of us preparing for 2018 NoBo; see the thread here.

Looks like I set the ball rolling to be off work to go north next year. I'll be doing shakedown hikes this summer. I agree about styles; my sister and I have done some of the AT together, and we do not walk well together

Quote Originally Posted by DownEaster View Post
    A partnership is only likely to last as long as the hikers have compatible styles. That said, there are a bunch of us preparing for 2018 NoBo; see the thread here.
    I actually agree with you and have had all intentions of solo hiking and seeing where I end up until I read a thread about creepy/aggressive guys. I seriously had never even considered that. I hope it's a true anomaly.

I'm hitting the trail Monday, February 26th. I'M STOKED!!!

I wanna start April/May. Going for a month.

Hi!

My wife is starting the AT on March 15 and she's hiking alone (our twins and I will be "following along" in our RV). We're in Pembroke Pines, FL ... so just down the coast from you. She told me to have you reach out to her if you'd like - send me a PM and I'll introduce the two of you!

v/r,
    Scott Masterson

Hi Friends!
    I'm starting NOBO at the beginning of April. Super stoked! Down to find a compatible hiking buddy!

Check out my trail journal! www.trailjournals.com/peterpan
    Cheers,
    Peter Pan

"Be Bold." - Dad

I started and finished with an injury at 317 mile this year and it's true that most people find someone that hikes at either the same pace or hike the same distance so meet during the day and at the finish. But some of us don't. I rose early always before sunrise, I was lucky to see every sunrise except when coming out of town, as I can only sleep 7-8 hours and if I go to bed at 7pm well I'm awake at 3am. I also walked at my own pace and walked as far as I liked each day, had a couple of combat naps at lunchtime. Only stayed near 3 shelters, mostly just tented when I was ready each day. Shortest day was 9 miles, and longest was just over 30, 2 days before a fell and dislocated a hip. If you are prepared to adjust to others you can always find a partner, if not just go solo. Back next year to finish, it's a bloody expensive pastime hiking the world.
    "He was a wise man who invented beer." Plato

++ New Posts ++