WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Wind shirt with hood

Has anyone here ever made a wind shirt ? With a hood? If so, where did you get your pattern and the material you used? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made one this winter. It works well but not real pretty. I used a Green Pepper Hoodie pattern for fleece material. Would have been better, if I had used the largest size. Be careful of the getting the shiny and dull sides correct. And I would decide on zipper length and sleeve length before cutting.

Material sources Rip stop by the roll. They also have patterns listed which have hoods. If I do it again I will use the Adult Oregon Pattern and modify it to my needs (no Pockets).

Thru hiker is also a source of material and kits for wind jacket, a hood addition is in their projects file.

A lot of tips on sewing and working with thin fabrics on internet. I found that using a small soldering iron is easiest for me to cut fabric. A layer of tissue paper under the material also helps pull the material thru the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ercoupe View Post
    I made one this winter. It works well but not real pretty. I used a Green Pepper Hoodie pattern for fleece material. Would have been better, if I had used the largest size. Be careful of the getting the shiny and dull sides correct. And I would decide on zipper length and sleeve length before cutting.

Material sources Rip stop by the roll. They also have patterns listed which have hoods. If I do it again I will use the Adult Oregon Pattern and modify it to my needs (no Pockets).

Thru hiker is also a source of material and kits for wind jacket, a hood addition is in their projects file.

A lot of tips on sewing and working with thin fabrics on internet. I found that using a small soldering iron is easiest for me to cut fabric. A layer of tissue paper under the material also helps pull the material thru the machine.
    Thank you for the suggestions and tips. I'll check out both of the sources you've mentioned. I'm new to this diy gear and sewing. I'm sure I'll have many questions to this group once I get started. Thanks again for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check Joe Brewer's vids on YouTube...

++ New Posts ++