WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default water bottle hydration tubes

Anyone use convertube or something similar

https://sourceoutdoor.com/en/bottles...w-8aAnP68P8HAQ

I like having a tube for easy hydration, but I don't like not knowing how full my water bladder is buried in the pack. These tubes hook to your smart water bottle, or Nalgene which are stowed outside of the pack. Easy to see how much is left if you take a quick break.

With my pack and inflexibility, it is very hard to remove a bottle drink, and return it. Most times I have to take the pack off.

If you like something similar, please post a link.

Thanks for your comments.

I use it. Works well. Replace mouthpiece with an camelback style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I use it. Works well. Replace mouthpiece with an camelback style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the comment. Its interesting you mention the camelback mouthpiece. I also replaced my platypus mouthpiece with the camelback. to me it works much better.

I've been migrating to smaller backpacks for my AT and FT Thru hikes which leave little room for my hydration bag but I always like to drink water on the go. Bottle tubing kit was a nice fix. Done people use bungles and clip bottles to their shoulder straps also.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Desert-S...sert+blue+tube

I used this one. Fit on a smart water bottle, kept one bottle in each side pocket. My pack was stuffed so tight, that I couldn't fill a bladder stored inside it easily. I also liked knowing exactly how much water I had. No point in dragging extra water weight up that mountain when you know there's a source on the other side.

I eventually replaced the bite valve, which was just a personal preference.

I put my bladder in side bottle pocket.

I like to carry two of the Source 1L bladders mounted low in front on my pack shoulder straps. The bladders have leak-free quick-disconnect fittings for the hose, so you only need to carry one hose. Also, my Sawyer Squeeze filter clicks into the bladder when it's time to refill them.
    Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and field in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul.--Fred Bear

www.misadventuregear.com

I have a 36l Jack Wolfskins pack. One of the hip belt pockets unzips top and bottom and has a fold out extension for water bottles that will accommodate up to 1.5l Smartwater bottles. Didn't think I'd use it, but I've found it to be one of my favorite features.

BTW, you guys paying $30 for the water bottle drink tube adapter lids... save some cash and use a 5/16th drill bit on a soda bottle lid. A regular hose will pass through snugly enough not to leak or slip out. Place it off center and you can add a smaller hose to allow air in. When I get the chance I'll take pictures of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    Anyone use convertube or something similar

https://sourceoutdoor.com/en/bottles...w-8aAnP68P8HAQ

I like having a tube for easy hydration, but I don't like not knowing how full my water bladder is buried in the pack. These tubes hook to your smart water bottle, or Nalgene which are stowed outside of the pack. Easy to see how much is left if you take a quick break.

With my pack and inflexibility, it is very hard to remove a bottle drink, and return it. Most times I have to take the pack off.

If you like something similar, please post a link.

Thanks for your comments.
    I use 1l platy collapsible bottles in my side pouches with a drink tube; aside from being able to see how much water I have and being WAY easier to refill, it also eliminates the possibility of a bladder leaking all over my gear inside my backpack.

Ordered the Source Outdoors Convertube and should arive tomorrow. Will come back with comments after a few uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Desert-S...sert+blue+tube

I used this one. Fit on a smart water bottle, kept one bottle in each side pocket. My pack was stuffed so tight, that I couldn't fill a bladder stored inside it easily. I also liked knowing exactly how much water I had. No point in dragging extra water weight up that mountain when you know there's a source on the other side.

I eventually replaced the bite valve, which was just a personal preference.

+1 Love mine!

++ New Posts ++