WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Itinerary- NOBO, SOBO, Flip Flop, other, etc ? Start date? Price range? How light wt? Rain wear with what feature set? How well do you manage your layering? Explain your layering approach(s) at various stages of the AT thru. How good are you at thermoregulating(managing core temps)? Is the rain wear to be carried the entire AT thru?

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StubbleJumper View Post
    That's a nice piece of gear. Thanks for the link. If only it was more like $69 instead of $169.
    Not pushing the MB Versalite but I'm on my third one and have never paid more than $120. It does have a nice feature set.

Might want to add into consideration the OR Helium II, Marmot Mica, and if you have the $$$ perhaps ZP's Challenger or HMG's new Shell. The last two with DCF-WPB have some impressive breathability stats. I have an older ZP Challenger(not one of the bunny suit versions that others and myself have been impressed with). Purchase costs are higher for any of these options but with TLC tend to or can last longer than Frogg Toggs with better performance traits.

Frogg Toggs Ultra-Light rain suit. 10 oz (jacket and pants). $25. You can spend a LOT more and not be any more satisfied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++