WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    What perplexes me , is why many here feel that any negative posts about some topics should be verbotten. It pc at its worst, everything and everyone, must be accepted and coddled. In doing such, education is lost.
    I am an atheist. I would not go to my local Catholic church and start an argument during their weekly bible meetings in the parish meeting hall.

If I met a Catholic at the local coffee shop, and the topic came up, we may have an intelligent discussion about our differences in a respectful manner.

One argument is disrespectful and out of place.

The other is a reasonable discussion between two people with different opinions.

It is called being an adult.

And nothing to do with this weak "P.C." argument people like yourself bandy about.

And I say this as a loud mouth, opinionated, emphatic dago from a blue-collar northeast family.

Meaning I rarely know when to shut up.

But I do know when and where (AND WHAT FORUM IF YOU CAN'T TAKE MY USUAL SUBTLE HINT) to speak, too.

Otherwise my louder, more vocal, and even more emphatic 5'0" tall mother would have and did, backhand her boys who did not have the good manners and the common sense to know when and where it was appropriate to speak up.

And my mother is many things. P.C. she ain't.
    Last edited by Mags; 04-28-2017 at 01:05.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    Like a race car changing tires. Looking for optimal performance.
    Yup....Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    You've made 5 posts, and 4 of them could be easily construed as trolling. Are you sure this is really where you should be, instead of out in the woods calming yourself down?
    I dong know how many posts you've made.

The problem I always have these speed guys is that its always about "speed", my question is always, "what did you see"? Hey, to each his own-just make sure you get out of their way on the AT, I almost got ran over by these guys once in Vermont, just came up on me after not seeing anyone for hours on the AT.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Perhaps their interest is negative, as in against it.

What perplexes me , is why many here feel that any negative posts about some topics should be verbotten. It pc at its worst, everything and everyone, must be accepted and coddled. In doing such, education is lost.

Any reasonable grownup can stand a difference of opinion. We have a whole generation now that cannot , as recently demonstrated. Thats what happens.
    I totally understand weighing in on something you either agree with or are opposed to. What confuses me is the people who take the time to click the OP, read it, parse through the responses, and then say something along the lines of "I don't care". That's what baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    But I do know when and where (AND WHAT FORUM IF YOU CAN'T TAKE MY USUAL SUBTLE HINT) to speak, too.
    Just for clarification... this was a robo post, the OP is a robot named Whiteblaze. So are there rules about what may or may not be discussed, or proper vs. improper opinions that may be expressed?

Apparently it's OK to talk of ancestry, parentage, child-rearing customs, and that sort of thing.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

No. This is a news forum. I was referring to posting in the Speed Hiking forum and the insistence on certain users to leave a turd in that punchbowl.

And the same users getting PO'd when we clean up their mess and ask them for not to leave a mess anymore. And then making rather poorly veiled hints about it

You are smarter than that Raphael. I suspect you are being a pain in the ass on purpose. Surely you have something better to do.
    Last edited by Mags; 04-30-2017 at 18:38.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++