WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Big Agnes Pump House Ultra

If you own one of the BA sleeping pads that is comparable with their inflation bag, I would highly recommend getting one.

Not that I don't mind blowing up my sleeping pad every night, its that I do worry about condensation building up on the inside of the pad. Also, when I take one of the kids with me, that makes for a lot of huffing and puffing. I had been looking at trying to modify one of the battery powered inflators from Thermarest but, one was under powered and the other was a bit heavy.

The Pumphouse Ultra has made quick work of inflating my pads (Q-Core SLX) with a minimum weight penalty to my pack. I have also taken to using mine to store my quilt in since it is waterproof.

I got mine at REI for about $35.

Jeremiah

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Actually, any garbage bag or trash compactor bag without any modifications will work pretty well.

This youtube video shows inflating a Thermarest, but the process works just fine with BA, Nemo, Sea-to-Summit, REI, and any other pads I've played around with it with. It may take a little practice to dial in how to hold the inflation valve to the bag, but, it's really quite easy and super simple.

Heck, I just gave a way a BA inflation bag that I don't use because my trash compactor bag works so well I don't want to add another item to my pack, even if it is a multi-use stuff bag as well as inflation device. But hey, to each their own.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

++ New Posts ++