WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Big Agnes

Default Big Agnes

Does anyone have any experience with Big Agnes sleeping bags? Considering them as a possible purchase. Specifically trying to see if they are quality bags and worth the money. Thanks

Yes. Good. Yes. There are many good options. BA provides several.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

We own 6 different BA bags in various temp ranges with full length and half length down less backs. If you are a back sleeper, they work well with the integrated pad, save some weight and money. If you toss and turn, they don't roll with the sleeper. My daughter sleeps like an Egyptian royal and loves her Amber SL. I am a rotisserie sleeper and went to a EE quilt.

BA's quality and design are very good. Their Customer service is excellent, I have had 2 leaking pads replaced with new ones at no charge.

I am also very biased, owning 5 of their tents and 5 of their pads. Happy camper.

Thanks for the information. Its good to know there are knowledgeable people out there to help out.

Journal Entries

No complaint about the quality of my BA bag, but wish I had something else. Like Hosh, I'm a "rotisserie" sleeper, and the necessary adjustments every time I turn do get a little old.
    I don't like the pad-sleeve design because if you want to sit up, you can't do so while you're bound to a board. And for me, my pad fits tightly in the sleeve and pulls the bag fabric too tight for it to relax around my body and keep me warm.
    It's been a long time since I've used the sleeve. I have settled for adjusting the bag every time I turn.

I have their Kings Canyon quilt, and I'm happy with it.
    The only negative might be that it seems like its partially filled. I mean it looks/feels as if the baffles are too big for the amount of fill so there look to be spots with no fill, as it clumps and slides around in there.
    For me, it's warm weather gear and it works.

Journal Entries
    Images

I had the Big Agnes Roxanne, and re-sold it after trying it for 2 nights. It was nice that it did not slide around but felt cold as the bag did not hug my body as a mummy bag would do. I bought a new REI Joule sleeping bag. So far it is warm and comfortable.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

I have two BA bags, a synthetic summer bag and a 15 degree Roxy Ann. I LOVE the winter bag, it has kept me toasty warm down to around 20 degrees and gives me plenty of room to toss and turn all night without sliding off my air mattress (that is why I bought it after killing my hip in one night with my old setup). I am a side sleeper and must regularly change sides during the night. The summer bag is fine, but I cannot stand the feel of the lining fabric against my skin (feels clammy), so I have to wear something on my arms and legs to sleep well in it!

Thanks again for the information, I appreciate it.

Do you feel the extra cost is worth it?

Compared to?

I am a pretty good shopper and have bought a lot my stuff at 40 & 50% off, so yes.

++ New Posts ++