WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Journal Entries
    Images

I am a Pastafarian, but can understand how a person who is convinced that I will burn in everlasting hell for that choice might feel compelled to help me avoid that fate.

I mean seriously, how could someone who really (really) believes people like me will suffer eternal damnation not make some small effort on our behalf? To do otherwise would be like watching man drown if he does not specifically ask that you to toss the life preserver at your feet.

Not a bad thing to meet and interact with wide variety of people and characters on Thru Hike. Sort of like college, in that regard. The important thing is not if they are right or wrong, but rather that they are sincere.

That will come through right away -- and who knows, the pastor might even take away a better understanding of he Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as he meets all kinds of hikers himself.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I am a Pastafarian, but can understand how a person who is convinced that I will burn in everlasting hell for that choice might feel compelled to help me avoid that fate.

I mean seriously, how could someone who really (really) believes people like me will suffer eternal damnation not make some small effort on our behalf? To do otherwise would be like watching man drown if he does not specifically ask that you to toss the life preserver at your feet.

Not a bad thing to meet and interact with wide variety of people and characters on Thru Hike. Sort of like college, in that regard. The important thing is not if they are right or wrong, but rather that they are sincere.

That will come through right away -- and who knows, the pastor might even take away a better understanding of he Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as he meets all kinds of hikers himself.
    Can I get a Ramen!
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

I prefer the Flying Teapot myself over the Flying spaghetti monster.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

That's a great attitude. I'll try to keep it next time someone asks me if I've found Jesus. I really hate being proselytized, preached at, or otherwise having religion pushed on me, but I do try to accept that most are doing it with the belief that they're helping me. As long as they take no for an answer, I'm reasonable. If someone says bless you when I sneeze, I say thank you... no harm done. I can even sit through grace at the table.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

As a believer that's actually a decent analogy that makes a good bit of sense.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Oh I get it, this thread is a April fools

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Oh I get it, this thread is a April fools
    My only problem......... he plans to hike with his dog.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

He plans to hike with his dog-spelled-backwards!

What happened to HYOH?

buncha bellyachin' over nothin'

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Do you really think we have anything better to do on a Friday night?

Images

Yet, those who are equally convinced that there is no supernatural realm rarely if ever confront "believers" to spread what they see as the T-ruth and save the "believers" from living with a false worldview. Are they simply more polite? More realistically, proselytizing ones worldview in the name of religion is condoned and even encouraged to some degree by society, while doing so in the name of a non-theistic worldview is taboo. No atheist has ever rung my doorbell to talk about evolution or cosmology. It's not that they don't care - it's that it's socially unacceptable in a society where the majority believe in a supernatural realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    ETERNAL DAMNATION is not nothin'!!!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

This news had the same reaction on the AT Section Hikers FB page. I don't see the big deal.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    ETERNAL DAMNATION is not nothin'!!!
    Or perhaps that is exactlty what it is.

Who can really say? As a Pastafarian, we learn from He with the Noodly Appendage that a volcano spewing stale beer is involved.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Or perhaps that is exactlty what it is.

Who can really say? As a Pastafarian, we learn from He with the Noodly Appendage that a volcano spewing stale beer is involved.
    But what if you get reincarnated as a penguin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    But what if you get reincarnated as a penguin?
    I couldn't handle the dress code.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++