WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default FS: Used 2016 Zpacks Arc Blast 60L backpack, TALL/LARGE, $215 + shipping

FOR SALE: Zpacks Arc Blast 60L backpack, Indigo color, TALL torso height (20-24 inches), LARGE belt length (34 inches and up), pair of belt pouches, key pouch (hangs inside pack and is great for valuables), ice axe loops (both sides), lumbar pad (I found this extra padding helpful, but you can remove it easily if you don’t need it), and extra shoulder strap pads (this was overkill, never used them).

This ultralight backpack only weighs 28 oz, including all of the above options, or only 21 oz if you strip it down. The pack is made with Zpacks’ cuben fiber fabric, which is waterproof, so you do not need a trash bag liner or pack cover. The side pockets are just right for 1 or 1.5 liter water bottles, and yes, you can comfortably take them out and put them back in the side pockets while walking, without taking the pack off. Also, you can comfortably fit a bear canister in this pack, a requirement if you are doing the PCT.

Overall, this pack is perfect for an AT or PCT thru hike, and in fact I used this one to go about 1,300 miles on the PCT last summer. Not bad for a 53 year old man, right? In the photos you can see I sewed on some yellow foam padding to the taut cord sections of the back panel for comfort, but you can easily snip those off if you don’t like them. Also, the pack does have a few small holes in the mesh back pocket (see closeup photo), but it is otherwise in very good shape and is still perfectly usable for a thru hike. I own a sleeping bag and Hexamid Duplex tent from Zpacks as well, and believe that they make great gear that holds up very well over time.

It strikes me that the most common reason NOT to buy an Arc Blast is PRICE. ZPacks does charge a pretty penny for their top of the line gear. But I’ll solve that dilemma for you, by only asking $215 plus shipping from MA for this pack – that is half of the $430 I paid for the pack and included options. At my reduced price, this pack is cheaper than buying a new ULA or other competitor pack. And lighter weight. And cooler on your back, thanks to the arch in the Zpacks frame system. And did I mention, waterproof?!

So go for it, buy this pack, and make it farther on your thru hike than I did – this pack deserves to make it to the finish line!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pm sent to buy

Pack is sold!

++ New Posts ++