WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anyone going to be on sections 9, 10, &11 next week?

Three of us are headed north next week from fs500. Anybody else going to be out there?

Was planning on doing section 11 but knowing you will be out I might defer. ha!
    What are your dates?
    Have not decided mine yet.

Looks like Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. So, I need you to meet me at the bottom of the mountain, headed north, on Wed morning. Im gonna need some help with my pack, and since you'll be fresh...works out great!

Quote Originally Posted by dhagan View Post
    Looks like Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. So, I need you to meet me at the bottom of the mountain, headed north, on Wed morning. Im gonna need some help with my pack, and since you'll be fresh...works out great!
    I would take you up on the offer but my hiking partner (10 year old daughter) fell off a 6 ft tall retaining wall a couple of days ago.
    She did not break anything but scratched herself up badly trying to catch herself.

Mar 3-5 I did Sections 10, 11 and 12. Only saw 8 people the whole weekend on the trail. This trip was a north to south. Section 11 is dry and has lots of downed trees on the south end. It was an enjoyable solo hike. Am planning Sections 8 and 9 mid April.

Ran from Coleman Lake almost to Pine Glenn and back this morning. Trail looked good other than the Turkey Hunter seated on the trail with his scatter gun (orange not required).

There was about a mile that was still smouldering from a controlled burn around the Shoal Creek Church. Very little smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    I would take you up on the offer but my hiking partner (10 year old daughter) fell off a 6 ft tall retaining wall a couple of days ago.
    She did not break anything but scratched herself up badly trying to catch herself.
    Sorry to hear that. Trip was great...except for Dugger Mtn

Quote Originally Posted by excuses View Post
    Mar 3-5 I did Sections 10, 11 and 12. Only saw 8 people the whole weekend on the trail. This trip was a north to south. Section 11 is dry and has lots of downed trees on the south end. It was an enjoyable solo hike. Am planning Sections 8 and 9 mid April.
    11 had water, before you go up the mtn. There were probably 4 different places to get water. Now...it wasnt a lot of water, but flowing. Seasonal I guess youd say...

Quote Originally Posted by excuses View Post
    We did 4 days. Saw 2 kayakers on the lake next to choccolocca shelter, and 2 day hikers on top of Dugger. Oh...and one guy at the Church. I dont count Pine Glenn campground.

++ New Posts ++