WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Revisiting the idea of an early-September backpack trip in the Winds with other WBers

This was a subject that was brought up by a couple of people in another thread a while back but I can't seem to find the thread or conversation where it was mentioned. If someone remembers which one it was, please link to it.

Was anyone who commented in that thread still interested in a few days backpacking the Winds? I'd love to do the WRR for a few days but I absolutely refuse to do any solo hiking in Grizzly country.

I would love to team up and hike some griz country, but I am out for this year. I'm committed to hiking the collegiate loop in early September with a couple fiends. But if you want to propose this idea again next year, I am in board! Would also be interested in the bob Marshall wilderness or the beartooths, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
    I would love to team up and hike some griz country, but I am out for this year. I'm committed to hiking the collegiate loop in early September with a couple fiends. But if you want to propose this idea again next year, I am in board! Would also be interested in the bob Marshall wilderness or the beartooths, etc.

I did actually find the original comments in my thread about hiking the Solitude Loop Trail last year. There were a few people interested (Venchka and colorado_rob spring to mind).

This is my last year living in Wyoming so trying to take advantage of what is in my back yard before heading south for the winter. I'll be looking at new places next year...probably parts of the PCT and maybe the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I did actually find the original comments in my thread about hiking the Solitude Loop Trail last year. There were a few people interested (Venchka and colorado_rob spring to mind).

This is my last year living in Wyoming so trying to take advantage of what is in my back yard before heading south for the winter. I'll be looking at new places next year...probably parts of the PCT and maybe the Sierra Nevada mountains.
    Sounds like it will be a great trip! My boyfriend and I are planning on camping in the winds this summer in July. I'm trying to talk him into a couple nights in the backcountry.

I replied in the affirmative to your other, New?, post.
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

++ New Posts ++