WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I initially assumed you were over reacting until looking at those pictures. That's truly atrocious work. Hopefully they won't be in business to sell this junk much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I initially assumed you were over reacting until looking at those pictures. That's truly atrocious work. Hopefully they won't be in business to sell this junk much longer.
    It would be nice but I doubt it. He's been pulling these stunts for years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrewer View Post
    Here is an up close shot of the horrendous quality product I received from Bearpaw Wilderness Designs…

https://youtu.be/X0UnyXDuQH8
    I get what your saying...perhaps that fold reduces a cut and seal and sewing where a stress point is??? But I'm no seamstress.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Most cottage manufacturers take great pride in their quality and back up what they make. He's not one if them.

Images

I am sure there has been bad customer support and it seems the seller has done a lousy job. But using "absolute nightmare" is well let's say too absolute. It is a bad job . absolute nightmare is something that should be absolute and a nightmare. A hiker who watches another hiker falls to his death is an absolute nightmare. Your defective product is not absolute nightmare, is it?

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    I am sure there has been bad customer support and it seems the seller has done a lousy job. But using "absolute nightmare" is well let's say too absolute. It is a bad job . absolute nightmare is something that should be absolute and a nightmare. A hiker who watches another hiker falls to his death is an absolute nightmare. Your defective product is not absolute nightmare, is it?
    You're correct. It is a "relative nightmare" not an "absolute nightmare" but he did not beg the question so kudos for that.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kookork View Post
    So if I understand youncorrectly, it would only be an absolute nightmare if the Credit Card Company did not honor the charge back request.

Is is a given they will on a custom item?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    So if I understand youncorrectly, it would only be an absolute nightmare if the Credit Card Company did not honor the charge back request.

Is is a given they will on a custom item?
    I did not get what you are trying to say but what credit card company does or does not do has nothing to do with my comment.

Your comment is a bit pedantic, no?

More like a cat nap, and not one of rip van winkle ones, more like a 20 min power nap, but again, it's not my tent.

So glad I didn't order a tarp from them now. I was always wary.

Journal Entries
    Images

So glad I didn't order a tarp from them now. I was always wary.
    I just sent my hexamid off to him to have him put perimeter netting along the bottom so it would be like the SMD deshutes plus shelter.
    He emailed me today letting me know it was going into the mail toady so ill see in a couple of days.
    Will give an honest review when I receive it,and hoping since it was an easy custom job there wont be any issues with it.
    We shall see.
    If I die trying now I wont die wondering how life could have turned out.....

You sent a ZPacks Hexamid to Bearpaw for modification?

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    I just sent my hexamid off to him to have him put perimeter netting along the bottom so it would be like the SMD deshutes plus shelter.
    He emailed me today letting me know it was going into the mail toady so ill see in a couple of days.
    Will give an honest review when I receive it,and hoping since it was an easy custom job there wont be any issues with it.
    We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    At least he'll get to see an example of something that's done well... before he mangles it.

But it's like sending your Ferrari to the kid down the street who fixes lawn mowers part time. I've always had the impression of BWD as more for the 'axe-and-Bowie-knife' types.
    Last edited by cmoulder; 03-21-2017 at 16:50.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well yes I did because Zpacks no longer handles custom work,and he was the only one I could find to put A perimeter net along the bottom of said tarp.

But it's like sending your Ferrari to the kid down the street who fixes lawn mowers part time.
    Harsh.... But if thats the case then lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by left52side View Post
    Well yes I did because Zpacks no longer handles custom work,and he was the only one I could find to put A perimeter net along the bottom of said tarp.

Harsh.... But if thats the case then lesson learned.
    i wouldn't worry cmoulder is just being mean:0) he lives on the wrong side of the state

thom

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post
    i wouldn't worry cmoulder is just being mean:0) he lives on the wrong side of the state

thom
    wasn't he just showing off a brand new tarptent? Kinda like showing off your new chevy

Journal Entries
    Images

thom
    LOL No worries I know how some folks seem to be.... If John manages to botch up something as simple as A perimeter netting then I will not plan to have him do any more work for me.
    Some folks just have A certain way of voicing there opinions , and we all know the saying about opinions

Quote Originally Posted by yaduck9 View Post
    wasn't he just showing off a brand new tarptent? Kinda like showing off your new chevy
    Nope. Maybe you're thinking of the LHG Solo? Impeccable quality, that one, with excellent and quick service. However a friend of mine recently got a TT Protrail and that one also is top-notch quality.

The pressure is really on for BPW to produce a straight stitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post

thom
    Sorry, I'll use more smiley faces next time!

But I did work in federal law enforcement in NYC for 30 years so there's perhaps a certain edge there. LOL.

And I'm on Carl Paladino's email list, which should tell you something... if I had my pick I'd take Chaumont over Chappaqua any day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++