WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up a Houdini for $50 shipped a couple days ago. Hard to say no at that price...

Quote Originally Posted by changed View Post
    Picked up a Houdini for $50 shipped a couple days ago. Hard to say no at that price...
    Now that's a good deal! Love mine....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikingjim View Post
    ...BA copper spur 1 for $240. It's a mountain glow model, but who cares. it's a good deal.
    https://www.rei.com/product/895952/b...-1-mtnglo-tent
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Looks like something from The Abyss or perhaps a festive Hawaiian Mele Kalikimaka tent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansko View Post
    That is an extraordinarily good deal. To anyone thinking of buying a Copper Spur UL1, think about acting now, because Big Agnes changed the tent radically this year (IMHO). The UL1 goes away, replaced by the HV UL1. The new version looks to be less storm worthy, as well as having fewer square feet of floor space. Get the old UL1 while you can.
    Okay Dogwood, in every review I read, the writer initially thought the LED's were pretty stupid and that they'd absolutely never use them - but pretty much everyone wound up actually really liking them after using the tent. That was my reaction as well, when I bought one on a similar steep discount to the REI sale a few weeks ago. But at $50 or more below the price of the regular version, I liked the color better and figured that I can always strip out the LED string if I choose to. At less than an ounce in weight, I'll probably keep them for reading and such.

If you're in the market for a CS UL1, it's a great buy on one of the best 1 man tents made. The mtnglo model is exactly the same as the regular orange/white model, only in gray, which is perhaps even a more desirable color to some people like me as well. It's definitely stealthier. The mtnglo LED's and detachable battery holder add about one ounce in weight, and the LED's are easily stripped out if you don't want them. You can leave the supplied 3 x AAA battery holder/switch/dimmer behind and use any USB type battery pack as a power source as well, although you lose the dimming function and on/off switch if you use it in this manner. No big deal, just plug it in and out for on and off. As many of us are carrying aux USB battery packs these days, at an ounce, it's a nice source of ambient light in a tent. Yes, it's a one ounce luxury vs using a headlamp for everything, or carrying a mini lantern if one is so inclined, but it's far from the heaviest or most useless things that many carry.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

"The power of the Kool-Aid is strong Master Luke."
    Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Me too. I bought and returned a bunch of stuff last week, I'm hopping it will be in the sale so I can re-buy em at a lower rate.
    That's just wrong. Seriously.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Eddie Bauer had a sale going to. 40% off, including their clearance items. Bring some things to 70-80% off.

Me too. I bought and returned a bunch of stuff last week, I'm hopping it will be in the sale so I can re-buy em at a lower rate.
    I returned a camp stool years back and saw it at the following g sale as had my name on it........just about rebought but couldn't do it....as I type this I've got 3 things I'm taking back as didn't really need and unused but plan to re buy with my dividend when they show up.....yea I'm cheap but all are unused and new so no loss

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I returned a camp stool years back and saw it at the following g sale as had my name on it........just about rebought but couldn't do it....as I type this I've got 3 things I'm taking back as didn't really need and unused but plan to re buy with my dividend when they show up.....yea I'm cheap but all are unused and new so no loss

atta boy!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMaster Blaster View Post
    That's just wrong. Seriously.
    yeah it was

Seriously? That's not even being cheap

I just returned from an aggravating trip to REI at Reading MA. Actually this has happened before. Not a single parking space available in the lot. Two dozen more cars, cruising for parking spaces. A cop car cruising, hoping to nab someone parking illegally. I cruised round the lot twice looking for a spot. Gave up and left. F' em. I guess they don't need my business today.

The good folks at Backcountry Gear in Eugene, Oregon beat REI to the punch.
    http://www.backcountrygear.com
    I have no connection with Backcountry Gear except that I am a happy, satisfied customer.
    Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    I have no connection with Backcountry Gear except that I am a happy, satisfied customer.
    Wayne
    I buy from Backcountry Gear all the time. Great vendor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wayne
    Doubt they'd take my dividends from REI though..... I've bought a lot from them and BC.com....great companies. Used to buy from Altrec but think they **** the bed...they gave a discount for every gear review you did....

I think I'll buy from WallyWorld and take the dividend as cash for gas to/from the trailheads.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post

was in my local REI the other day and when they rang up my purchase they asked if I wanted to use my dividend. So the dividends are now in the computers.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by rafe View Post
    I just returned from an aggravating trip to REI at Reading MA. Actually this has happened before. Not a single parking space available in the lot. Two dozen more cars, cruising for parking spaces. A cop car cruising, hoping to nab someone parking illegally. I cruised round the lot twice looking for a spot. Gave up and left. F' em. I guess they don't need my business today.

Waaaahh. It's the only REI for miles around. All the people from southern CT, NH, and ME and all the people from northern MA who don't want to go into Boston or Framingham to shop. Yep, from the sounds of it they don't need your business today. Lack of available parking because there are so many people at the store shouldn't be held against them.

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

That should have been VT not CT

Quote Originally Posted by rafe View Post
    Wow. No entitled mindset there.

I think I'll buy from WallyWorld and take the dividend as cash for gas to/from the trailheads.
    Wayne

Totally forgot you can take cash instead! I should have enough for a plane ticket out west! REI Visa not store purchases...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++