WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I really liked the look of the befree. but after watching bigfoots youtube review after less than 2 weeks the flow rate was cut in half. that means more pressure squeezing the bag
    ive had too many bags leak before
    so I went with the msr trail shot instead. I havent had it out for any trail time so time will tell.

Cool BeFree Rejuvenation Update

First field use: September, 2017. Big Sandy River & Fish Creek, Wind River Range.
    BeFree filter and 2 liter Seeker in a cabinet in the garage since I got back from Wyoming last September.
    I was bored so I got the filter + Seeker out and commenced filtering into a 1.5 liter bottle in the kitchen.
    It seemed like the flow was slow. Is this the dreaded flow reduction claimed by a few on the internet?
    After much swirling and shaking and squeezing I emtied the 2 liter Seeker. I placed the BeFree filter in a cup of fresh tap water and let it sit.
    2 or 3 hours later I refilled the Seeker. Attached the BeFree and commenced squeezing water into the 1.5 liter bottle.
    SHAZAM! I swear the flow was faster than I have ever seen before. The 1.5 liter bottled filled FAST!
    So. In the future I will exercise and soak the BeFree filter before I leave on a backpacking trip.
    If you think the BeFree is slowing down, give it time to soak. Rinse itself off. Then give it a squeeze.
    My filter is as good, maybe better, than the day I bought it.
    Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Verifying my impression of the speed of my filter:
    1 liter.
    30 seconds.
    Works for me.
    Wayne

One more time:
    The BeFree filter and 2 liter Seeker in gravity mode.
    While moving the greenhouse plants out of the garage yesterday, I decided to try the filter and Seeker in gravity mode. I filled the Seeker, attached the BeFree and suspended it over the 3 quart/liter Nalgene soft canteen. The trickled out and the Seeker was empty an hour or two later. I have no other gravity filter experience for comparison.
    Wayne

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++