WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Transportation from Hot Springs, NC

Hey there, wondering if there is a good way to get from Hot Springs NC to an airport, train, or bus system? I'm assuming Asheville would be the closest relevant town with those services?

Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs does shuttles and if I remember correctly has set prices listed on their website for shuttles to various transportation hubs like area airports.

Edit: I just checked their website and it has changed since I last perused it and I don't find set prices. However, they do mention right on their home page three different airports they do shuttles to (Asheville, Knoxville, Tri Cities), so it's just a matter of giving them a call to get a price.
    Last edited by map man; 03-10-2017 at 19:42.
    Life Member: ATC, ALDHA, Superior Hiking Trail Association

Asheville is typical for access to Hot Springs, but on the Tennessee side you have Greenville, Erwin, and Johnson City. The Tri-Cities airport has less connector service than Asheville, but it is an option for that area. When Tri-Cities works out, its pricing is typically in line with Asheville.

As a section hiker I've shuttled with Harry with Asheville Airport Shuttle. He's a former thru-hiker, is reliable, and reasonably priced. I'll probably be shuttling with him in May for the third time. His webpage shows $95 between Hot Springs and the airport. He also has a Facebook page, too. http://www.ashevilleairportshuttle.com/

++ New Posts ++